• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dlang0920

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    im looking to add a 308 caliber rifle in an ar style base but i still cant decide on which brand to go with quite yet

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    What little I am getting back is going towards bills except I'm still about $75-100 short on my saving up for either a MP9c or an AR upper. Gonna take that $75-100 and everything else is gone. Sucks for me, but my creditors will be happy.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I recently reviewed my [STRIKE]arsenal[/STRIKE] weapons collection based on the INGO thread focused on the five guns everyone should own. Since I have fulfilled all the basics, I plan to put my tax refund on the mortgage. If all goes as planned that 30-yr loan will be paid off in 14 years. :rockwoot:

Yes, I do take a tax refund. Because of my employment, I qualify for a deduction of all my housing expenses—mortgage, utilities, maintenance, improvements, appliances, etc. So I always get a significant refund.

Once that mortgage is paid off, I will think about an AR, a Winchester .30-.30, or a Henry .44, a Ruger Cowboy style SA in .357 or .44. I may even think about a 1911.

I call that the Indiana version of California Dreaming!:D

jamesg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Indiana
    so it looks like a lot of people here actually abuse the tax withholding system as a means to save money and then blow it right away......seems strange. you can actually play a proactive role in your own finances and NOT allow them to withhold too much you know....

Tell you what, how about you guys send that money to me all year long, i will invest it for you, then give it back to you at zero interest. Hell, i could retire off of the interest and earnings made off your money all year and still give you back every dime once a year. the money you give me would go into a separate account where it is guaranteed to be there.

i use the tax withholding calculator on the IRS website, all it takes is 5 minutes and your latest paycheck stub, adjust withholdings accordingly, and put that money into a HSA and other accounts all year where it's available to me and making me money instead of sitting on a shelf unavailable all year with nothing to show for it ;)

vette3667

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2009
    Traded some stock this year and expecting to owe around $3k. No guns for me right now. Planning to sell one of my rifles as well. Boo taxes!

DaddyFixSemi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Princeton, In
    so it looks like a lot of people here actually abuse the tax withholding system as a means to save money and then blow it right away......seems strange. you can actually play a proactive role in your own finances and NOT allow them to withhold too much you know....

Tell you what, how about you guys send that money to me all year long, i will invest it for you, then give it back to you at zero interest. Hell, i could retire off of the interest and earnings made off your money all year and still give you back every dime once a year. the money you give me would go into a separate account where it is guaranteed to be there.

i use the tax withholding calculator on the IRS website, all it takes is 5 minutes and your latest paycheck stub, adjust withholdings accordingly, and put that money into a HSA and other accounts all year where it's available to me and making me money instead of sitting on a shelf unavailable all year with nothing to show for it ;)

That's why I love being married to my wife who is a CPA, She knows the tax law enough so that we don't really pay through out the year and still get a good refund.

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    I am looking at a Dillon Aero to mount on my Jeep. Checked one out yesterday at the US Shooting Academy in Tulsa, Oklahoma.:ar15:
    We can all dream!:D

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County

Right on the money. I always chuckle when people brag about the refund they are getting, and what the are going to buy. I just say I already purchased X in June, and you are waiting until April of the next year. I don't like making interest free loans to the government.

That's why I love being married to my wife who is a CPA, She knows the tax law enough so that we don't really pay through out the year and still get a good refund.

:dunno: You know you could pay less throughout the year and have that "refund" earlier in the year. I don't know of any CPA that aims to have a refund, us CPA's are tightwads. :D

DaddyFixSemi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Princeton, In
    :dunno: You know you could pay less throughout the year and have that "refund" earlier in the year. I don't know of any CPA that aims to have a refund, us CPA's are tightwads. :D

I will admit my wife is a tightwad when it comes to money,,:laugh:
    All I know is that we don't really pay anything in taxes throughout the year and still receive about $5K at tax time. then again that may have to be due to the 3 kids we have as well so, who knows except my wife. Me i'm just a simple diesel mechanic.

jamesg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Indiana
    I love how people care about how others spend/withold their money.

Well it was just surprising to find so many people who have very strong anti-establishment viewpoints who actually use the govt as a crutch because they can't be bothered with managing their own money. Honestly, in this group, I would have expected a huge amount to say they play it really close.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I'm getting enough back from the Feds to pay for the Ruger 10/22 I just got and a box or two of ammo :) I owed the state about 150 rounds of 9mm ;)

Top Bottom