• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocEd

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Evansville
    Taxes in this country are going up. regardless of what happens with this fiscal cliff situation. as it sits right now Obama will only approve a fiscal cliff deal that raises taxes. The house of representives is gutless. they should just pass the bill that provides tax cuts to all. pass it on to the senate and let them be the a**hole clownshoes holding the people at ransom. But thats not what i wanted to point out. Healthcare overhaul taxes will go into effect on january 1. so our taxes are going up. you smell that? it is the smell of BS and recession fermenting together. welcome to the new obama recovery. FORWARD TO NOWHERE!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    & your point in what Doc?
    This is what the :sheep: voted for and unlike the tax on tea way back in the 1700s I don't see any group that will go that route any time soon or in the future. Everyone has some "special program" that they don't want seen gone.

Seniors - SSA and Medicare
    The poor - Food stamps
    Middle class - child tax credit and mortgage credit
    etc...
    the list goes on and on

DocEd

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Evansville
    personally i would like to see a sweeping reform in how this country is governed. but as you stated i just dont see a big enough majority in any level of government willing to take a stand. maybe its time for a third party? i just wish that the country i fought so hard for would pull its head out of its third point of contact and realize that this is a doomed path. but until then, the prepping continues. as for why i posted this, i like to have the discussion with people on it. and on here i dont get in trouble for imaginarily punching an invisible person the face. now that said, you are not an imaginary person either, didnt ant you to think that was directed at you.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    no offense taken doc. I've given up on THE PEOPLE prep and hope that when GOD punishes us all I am shown some mercy. The usa titanic hit the iceberg a while ago and there are not enough liveboats on this puppy.

DocEd

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Evansville
    well i know that when it happens that my family has a plan and i am glad i found this community that is like minded. it gives me hope. at least hope that the strong will survive. i forsee a city of us thriving.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Regardless as to what happens with the "fiscal cliff" negotiations, obama-care is going to be a huge hit come January 1, 2013, and a whopper on Jan 1, 2014.

brew45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    I think the best thing we can do is to become self sufficient. Having no reliance on anyone else can only make your situation better in the long run.

DocEd

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Evansville
    I think the best thing we can do is to become self sufficient. Having no reliance on anyone else can only make your situation better in the long run.

exactly, however in my family we are starting to see the value in branching out and trying to find like minded persons who have something to bring to group and incorporate them into our plans. but regardless we have made the neccesary steps in getting on a path to self supporting.

brew45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    incorporating is a good idea, but relying on that other person can be detrimental to your health...

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    I find it bemusing that a mild debt reduction is spun into a fiscal 'cliff.'

These talking heads will be shown fear in a handful of dust.

There is a reckoning coming, sooner rather than later, and when it arrives, all shall know it. All shall fear it. All shall be made small before it: rich and poor; loyal and traitorous; devout and secular; understanding and witless. None will escape the wrath of the market correcting itself. All we can do is prepare, hope, pray, and wait. May God bless us all; we need and require no less than His full blessing to endure the malevolence in the halls of the Capitol.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    If they had done it right the first time...

I seriously saw this back when the "Super Committee" failed. Taxes rise back to what they were regardless, there is no negotiation. They either get the cuts for low/middle income, or everyone takes the hit. At best maybe we will see some changes in the tax code, which would be great for me personally, because my only significant deduction is my mortgage, and with a 5% interest rate, that isn't much.

Top Bottom