• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • linc_man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Anybody seen this new rifle? I really like it, and just happen to be in the rifle market :D I fondled one yesterday at Daves and really liked it!! Im going to go the the local shop to see what they can do for me this week.
    The caliber change looks cool especially being claimed as an MOA rifle!

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I'm on the look out for an introductory precision rifle platform and this looks pretty sweet considering it is in my price range.

I'm looking for something accurate out to about a 1000yds, but cheap enough I can still afford a nice scope to work with.

I don't have any experience shooting out that far, so I'll start at about 300yds and work my way out. If I fall in love with the long shot, maybe I'll invest in a more expensive platform later....

How about it INGO... any other recommendations for a economical precision long rifle. Keep in mind that I have never shot at any distance, so Im not currently in need of something for competition. Just a platform that reaches around 1k yds with enough accuracy I can start to practice scope adjustments for elevation and windage.

Id like to keep the rifle/scope combo for under $1000 and the caliber a .308. If I can build something cheaper... even better. Again, not looking for something to shoot competition with. Just looking for something of hitting a man sized target at 800-1000yds or so with a bit of accuracy and consistency. If it turns out that I love shooting longer distances then I can look into something more expensive and more accurate later.

I have also looked at the Ruger American and a few other cheaper options as well... (and no I could care less about it being walnut stock or whatever... plastic is fine)

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Thompson Venture, MOA guarantee, around $400
    Mueller Tac II Scope, around $300.
    Total: About $700

You could pay twice as much for less performance.

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    I have the T/C Venture in 243. I am very impressed with it. I also have a T/C Omega ML that I hunt with. I took 2 deer with it this season. I have no doubt that T/C has another quality product, why wouldn't they? Everything else of theirs is top notch. I have taken my 243 out to 600 and am working on getting out to 1000 with it. I'm interested in seeing what the Dimension brings to the bench.

Top Bottom