• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mini-14

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    New Palestine,In
    Any members got kids or grandkids that your introducing to hunting & shooting? I tried to get my daughters interested when they were young. They really did'nt get into it. I have a 9yo grand daughter who just started hunting. She shot your first squirrel this past season. She's been deer hunting and is a very good turkey caller. Think she may go turkey hunting with me next month. I have 2 grandsons ages 4 & 5. Im trying to get them involved.

Pete-FWA

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    After work I went shopping for BB/Airsoft guns as a potential purchase for one of my nephews.

Shooting a BB gun as a kid helped me practice all kinds of things my Dad taught me about safety and technique.

Incidentally, some of the guns I saw at Dick's Sporting Goods were pretty realistic. I'd always thought those went away during one of the anti-gun waves passing through the country. Glad I was wrong on that

newbomb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    southwest indiana
    My little boy is 3 and he has been out squirrel and deer hunting with me already. He got an air soft and a red ryder for christmas this year. I had him posing with me in my kill pictures since he was born!

275862005_gun.jpg

27586IMG_0856.JPG

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    I have 3 boys, one 14 and 2 - 12 yr old twins.
    Started taking the oldest out Black Powder shooting when he was 8.
    the oldest wants a MN M38 for his Bday in July.

the younger ones are a little gun shy of the larger calibers but we are getting there.

Mini-14

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    New Palestine,In
    Any members got kids or grandkids that your introducing to hunting & shooting? I tried to get my daughters interested when they were young. They really did'nt get into it. I have a 9yo grand daughter who just started hunting. She shot your first squirrel this past season. She's been deer hunting and is a very good turkey caller. Think she may go turkey hunting with me next month. I have 2 grandsons ages 4 & 5. Im trying to get them involved.
    Only had 3 replies to this post. Our sport in the future may be in trouble if we dont teach the youngsters.

Pete-FWA

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    While I'm not a hunter, I did learn about gun safety at a very early age. I also learned to shoot handguns, rifles, and a shotgun as a kid. Had a replica SA revolver BB gun that was my Dad's when I was a kid. I still recall going to the garage, getting the gun and ammo, and plinking in the yard about any time I felt like it when I was a kid. What great times there

Haven't been too active with guns for some time, however, as I figured I wouldn't need one. For me, this was the wrong attitude. I'm not only being more active in self-defense and general gun proficiency, I'm trying to encourage those close to me.

We can't rely on ducking danger or calling the police and hoping they are close enough to save us. I am glad we have well trained LEO, but learning better how to avoid danger and be prepared to conquer threats that come my way seems smarter for me.

Cactus Jack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Huntington
    Got my daughter a .22lr for her B-day last year, Her Grandfather and I started shooting in SASS two years ago and she loves coming along. I don't think she will ever go hunting. Animal lover. :rolleyesedit:

Top Bottom