• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • H.T.

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Fishers -MSG 2
    I am a experienced shooter, gun owner, LTCH holder and Veteran. How ever, like most men when it comes to teaching the wife or girlfriend, the handling and use of a sidearm (hand gun). I am a complete idiot. My wife has experience with rifles and shotguns. Her limited knowledge of hand guns was one of the factors that kept her from carrying her 9mm.
    Knowing that I would not be a good instructor I started looking for a place to take her. I found a great spot In Fishers/Indy just south of 96th street near I-69. The Poseidon experience. My wife loved it and her confidence and skill have improved greatly!
    What makes the course unique is the use of Military/law enforcement simulation technology. The weapons are real and have been altered to accept a laser and co2. This allows the weapon to recoil and gives the shooter a more realistic experience. The recoil is about 75% of the weapon when live fired. The course helps with trigger discipline, sight picture, weapon control etc. You can see your improvement at Poseidon and on your next trip to the range. I highly recommend this for new shooters and for the experienced shooter. Poseidon has courses and simulations for all levels of shooter. Check out the web site.

P.S. I am not a employee of Poseidon experience

Poseidon Experience-Indianapolis Gun Range

Respectfully
    H.T.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I'm sure it's an interesting experience but you know going in that you aren't sending rounds down range. It's hard to beat the real thing for training. Coach and I have been overseeing a couple of new classes at Parabellum (with more in the pipe) that allow you to use your own firearm and fire 150 to 300 rounds depending on the class.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Certified Glock armorer- Certified M&P armorer[FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT]

H.T.

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Fishers -MSG 2
    NHT3, You are correct. There is no substitute for live fire training. This not a replacement for live fire, just a tool to help new shooter to learn proper handling of side arms. Site picture, trigger discipline, stance, etc. For the more experienced shooter there are a number of simulations to choose from.

The owner Jesse Barnett is a former SEAL. This simulator has been used by the military and law enforcement for at least the past 10 yrs. I used it in the Army.
    This is a tried and battlefield proven way to improve your skills, learn & practice new skills and keep the ones you have sharp.

Just to be clear, this does not replace live fire training/practice. It is fun and inexpensive way to practice & learn.
    NHT3 you should come check it out you'll have a great time!

God Bless
    Respectfully
    H.T.

Top Bottom