• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2013
    Franklin
    Was thinking of making my first upgrade to my Ruger 10/22 and everywhere I look people seem to really like Tech sights. Since I only use my guns for hunting was wondering if anyone had any experience using Tech sights for squirrel hunting?

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Unfamiliar with what you refer to as a Tech sight. Any pictures or detailed description?
    On a .22 for small game hunting, I like a quality, variable power traditional scope.

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    TSR200%20new%20combo%20sm.jpg

I have not tried them in the field, but I don't know why they wouldn't work. If you want to shoot irons but want better adjustments than the factory sights, they are a solid option for the $$.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Ok. Yes, I think these would serve you better than the factory iron sights in most iron sight situations.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I have tech sights on a 10/22 setup for appleseed and they are great for all things that you should put in front of your rifle,

You are dealing with good sights and a Great sight picture. I think I will start a junk sight rant on another thread but let me give you a taste here. The gun rags and manufactures are doing a grave injustice to shooters especially NEW shooters. these dot sights and true glow, fiber optic, ECT are terrible sighting systems, they give your brain to many competing objects and are hard to line up correctly, while they are great for low light and hitting 2 liter bottles they remove the precision that you should learn before moving to a less precise sighting system.

If you really want to be a good shot start with a good peep and post all blacked out sight (garand, m1a, tech sights) learn to center the post and to put the round where you want it. Then have a system for low light when you need it

Roan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2013
    Franklin
    Thanks for all the information everyone! Definitely will be getting these, now just have to decide on whether to get the TSR100 or TSR200. ScouT6a, I was thinking about getting a scope but haven't had much practice shooting so thought it would be best to get good with iron sights before I move on to scopes. Might be awhile but I'll let you guys know how I like them!

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    I always stress iron sight proficiency with young/new shooters. Give us an update after you have put the sights through their paces.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I had Williams peep and higher gold bead front on my DSP for a while. Was kinda disappointed in the Williams peep, nice looking and had a hooded peep, but the slot/bearing surface seemed a little on the light side. It held position with blue Loctite but I was leery of putting too much crank to the screw.

Eh, i'ts got a scope on it now. Much better for these old eyes.

Roan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2013
    Franklin
    Finally got to test the sights last weekend. I really enjoyed them and can't wait for squirrel/rabbit hunting to start now. Got to practice more while standing but at least now they are sighted in. Still a little worried about hunting in early morning since it was a tad bit hard to see top of front sight against black bullseye but I think it will work out. I'll update you guys in a couple months with a picture of squirrel if I ever figure out how to post pictures.

Top Bottom