Teenager tries to steal gun from gun seller at gas station meet up and ends up dead, police say

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I know we’re all thinking “this is the way it should go” and “FAFO” and similar things, but this illustrates why it’s good to know who you are dealing with, even by reputation. It also means some poor guy out there lives with the fact he ended a life. Justified or not, it’s still a significant event. Even justified he’s risking huge legal costs and jail time. Even justified the dead kid’s friends and family may seek retribution. And finally, this is yet more fuel for the anti gun crowd of “see, this is why private gun sales should be outlawed.”

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I know we’re all thinking “this is the way it should go” and “FAFO” and similar things, but this illustrates why it’s good to know who you are dealing with, even by reputation. It also means some poor guy out there lives with the fact he ended a life. Justified or not, it’s still a significant event. Even justified he’s risking huge legal costs and jail time. Even justified the dead kid’s friends and family may seek retribution. And finally, this is yet more fuel for the anti gun crowd of “see, this is why private gun sales should be outlawed.”
    Sadly, I can see it going that way, as far as private gun sales go, eventually...no matter who controls the White House.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Who sells a loaded weapon? I mean, am I doing it wrong?

Nobody, probably.

The firing gun is almost certainly not the gun that was being stolen. If the article is accurate, a struggle ensued. Which means seller grabs thief and fight is on. Probably one or the other (or both) then introduce *another gun* that was then fired, presumably by the seller but not explicitly stated.

Top Bottom