• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    I originally bought two of these, one for myself and one for the wife. Sold my wife's when she couldn't handle the recoil of the 22WMR in such a small platform. If your palms are even slightly sweaty (or in my wife's case, constantly coated in lotion) these things can be a chore to hold onto. My Cobray 410/44LC has less recoil then the American Arms 22WMR revolver. That said, it is pretty accurate for something lacking real sights. It is in a caliber which Hornady makes self defense ammo hollow points. It has always gone off when I pulled the trigger. It wouldn't be my primary weapon choice 99.9% of the time, but I have carried it when I knew I couldn't get away with carrying anything else.

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have one Ihave carried for 15 years. It is a punch the guy in the gut and pull triggertype gun to get the wound channel caused by the gas from the shell. At 5 feet thelead would keyhole. If you want other than touch shooting find you a biggergun. It goes everywhere I go if no metal detectors are used. If needed it beatsa knife in a fight. It will beat my little Colt .25 cal auto in close penetration.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    I always carry better choices when possible. But I always carry my NAA WMR. That always beats empty pockets or looking for spare rock. At the end of the day, I know I've protected myself as best as possible.

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    My wife wanted one in .22 Magnum for a deep concealment second gun. After having it for a couple of weeks, she told me to get one for myself.

We would never consider it a first line of defense, but they go nearly everywhere with us as our "last ditch line of defense" guns.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    I had one in 22 Mag, just sold it. These guns are very well made, and NAA has excellent customer service.
    I just wish they had some real purpose. Other than being "cool", they have no real purpose in my opinion. Why not get a 380 or
    pocket 9mm? Maybe some genius sharp shooter could actually hit something with one of these. For me, I think they are
    only good if you can put the barrel against someone's eye ball, and pull the trigger.
    Just my 2 cents.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I would love to carry my edc but im 6'1" 120lbs and wear 30/32 jeans that combined with the weird positions i get in i cant conceal a full size 1911. And i would prefer a slightly more budget friendly gun since the abbrasive dust could mess things up
    If you're worried about conceal ability, why not go with a LCP in a back pocket wallet holster? I carry one everyday and nobody is the wiser. It looks just like a wallet in my pocket and is a larger caliber than a NAA.

back_pocket01.jpg

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    lcp is too big believe it or not already tried it and a buddy spotted it 20 minutes into the day. when im there im welding in some weird a$$ positions that are very revealing. here lately we've been keeping an ar hidden in the truck but something on my person would be nice.

Viking Queen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Colorado
    I just recently acquired the NAA Mini in 22lr for those occasions when I can not adequately conceal my LC9 or LCR. I find the mini to be perfect, especially in summer when my summer "lady clothes" would allow other pistols to be observed. The mini was quite affordable....it was new and was $199.00. Sounds like it would also suit your needs....it is better than no protection at all.

good youtube videos show proper grip which is necessary to avoid hurting yourself by holding the teeny little thing improperly.

enjoy your new mini!

Viking Queen

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have owned and shot 2 or 3 of them thru the years. Could not hit anything from 10 ft away. I have a Keltec P32 now and it is a much better hide out gun.

BFR50-110

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Montgomery County
    I don't think you would regret getting a Black Widow. The sights are so much better than the single blade on most of the other models. If you change out the grips or used a holster grip it will conceal very well.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Huh -
    Mini you say?
    Aren't they those cute little itty-bitty girly guns?
    Well I had no idea there were so many chicks on this site.

Who knew? :dunno:

prescut

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    United States
    I've had two. I'm a senior and I shoot twice a week.

Every other post has said the same thing.

Never buy this gun! Dangerous!
    As likely to shoot yourself as the bad guy.
    Worst range gun ever made.
    Recoil, hard flip up, one finger hold, and no accuracy!
    It is NOT a hoot to shoot and it gives a total false sense of security.
    It is a novelty only. Some terrible advice being given by some owners.

I usually like to keep my posts interesting and positive, not this time. Too important.
    I hope I'm being clear about my feelings.
    Prescut

matthewmaze

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Parke CO
    they are dangerous i have known people who are familiar with guns shoot themselves because they are so small part of a finger in front of the barrel

monitor51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    West Central IN
    I've been wanting to get a derringer from Bond Arms - The Worlds Smallest Most Powerful Personal Protection You Can Carry for some time now. I really like the idea of purchasing barrels later down the line. Switching out calibers pending mood or situation just appeals to me. For what they are they are pretty salty to start, but a very good product from what I understand. I have a Ruger LCR .357 (no hammer) and if I go smaller, bond will be the way I go. Just 2 cents.

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    I know you did not ask for other options , But the KelTec P3at ( .380 ) really hides well .
    It has a 6 round magazine , just at 3/4" wide , 8 oz empty , dbl action only .
    It`s worth a look . I carry mine in my back pocket almost everywhere I go .
    It took around 100 + rounds to get it broke in .

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    they are dangerous i have known people who are familiar with guns shoot themselves because they are so small part of a finger in front of the barrel

if you are enough of a bonehead to stick your finger in front of the barrel you should have your finger shot off!!!!!!!

and no these little guns no more dangerous than any other gun.......

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Kel-Tec P32, I have one, and it disappears in my pocket, and has 8 rds, with 1 in the chamber, with the 10 rd mag I have that is 18 rounds available.....

Top Bottom