• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Did a search here and found just a little info; struck out completely on Google.

Curious about location, hours of operation, range equipment (bench and target setups), etc.

Thanks

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I just heard about it today in the thread about Clark state Forest. Never knew it existed. :dunno:

Me too, hence my questions.

Tried calling the Clark State Forest office today three times...rang 20+ times each time with no answer. I'm guessing the folks there are "busy" right now.

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    Gunslinger's is on Highwater Road just off of Corydon Pike.

Paste the following into Google Maps: 38.279071,-85.865346

It's $10 a day. There aren't any benches or target stands. It's just an open lot with a back stop. As far as hours, when I spoke with the gentleman running the place, he said Mon-Sat 9a-6p, but I've went to stop in before and he wasn't there. Plan on it being muddy. There is also a fair amount of dump truck traffic at times to the side of, and behind the firing line. I know he had some picnic tables/benches out there at one point, but unfortunately they were stolen.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Gunslinger's is on Highwater Road just off of Corydon Pike.

Paste the following into Google Maps: 38.279071,-85.865346

It's $10 a day. There aren't any benches or target stands. It's just an open lot with a back stop. As far as hours, when I spoke with the gentleman running the place, he said Mon-Sat 9a-6p, but I've went to stop in before and he wasn't there. Plan on it being muddy. There is also a fair amount of dump truck traffic at times to the side of, and behind the firing line. I know he had some picnic tables/benches out there at one point, but unfortunately they were stolen.
    Ahh, I think I know the place you're talking about. I'll give it a look. Thanks!

yaquindn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Floyd co./Southern Indiana
    Don't go there! I went there and was told that I should not be there. When I told the guy I talked to the owner he told me that the real owner and the former lease owner was behind in payments several months and the range was closed. But after talking to the real owner he let me and my son finish out our day free of charge and told me that he was going to reopen the range himself later in the year.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Don't go there! I went there and was told that I should not be there. When I told the guy I talked to the owner he told me that the real owner and the former lease owner was behind in payments several months and the range was closed. But after talking to the real owner he let me and my son finish out our day free of charge and told me that he was going to reopen the range himself later in the year.
    That could actually be for the better if it happens soon(may or june). Did you get any contact info on the real owner as it seems that I wont be shooting this summer if this range is no longer open as it was the only one in biking distance.
    Also when did you go?

Top Bottom