• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    Lest we forget the phone tax that was done to help pay for the Spanish-American war. The war is long over, the tax is still in effect.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. -- Milton Friedman

We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill

Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors... and miss. -- Robert Heinlein

Worried about an IRS audit? Avoid what's called the 'red flag.' That's something the IRS always looks for. For example, say you have some money left in your bank account after paying taxes. That's a red flag. -- Jay Leno

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    That is what is so scary about the flat tax I think. Say for instance they do a flat tax like a national sales tax what if they just put that on top of all the other taxes? If Im confusing the terms sorry but I think you know what I mean.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    That is what is so scary about the flat tax I think. Say for instance they do a flat tax like a national sales tax what if they just put that on top of all the other taxes? If Im confusing the terms sorry but I think you know what I mean.

That is exactly what will happen if we ever get a flat tax. Anybody who thinks OTHER taxes will be repealed is simply deluding himself.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    That is exactly what will happen if we ever get a flat tax. Anybody who thinks OTHER taxes will be repealed is simply deluding himself.

They would have to be done on the same bill. I can accept a certain amount of taxes, but it really should be based on what I spend, not what I earn.

Sometime I think that sales tax should just be built into the prices of goods (so that the math is done ahead of time); now I think that would be a good place to increase taxes without the general population really noticing.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    thnk of how much money we could actually pay our troops if we didnt spend billions on bad wars or give billions away to terrorist countries or terrorist in those countries. here buddy, im gonna give you 10 million dollars, now in return I need you to point to the bad guys in your village. its a NO BRAINER!!!! someone is getting boned! because the dude isnt gonna turn down 10 million from an "infidel", no matter who has to be a martyr for it, lol

we are far more over and wrongly taxed than the colonies were.

Top Bottom