• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    I stopped into Midwest Gun Exchange today.. no intention of buying any other than an AR lower, since I ordered my Adams Arms 7.5" Tactical Elite PDW Upper today..

As always, I started out over at the used counter. Where I found a very nice (I need to verify the year if anyone can help.) West Germany 1985 HK P7 in stainless. Fantastic shape. After talking with Taylor, I mentioned that I've been jonesing for a West German Sig p226. So, he reaches into another case and pulls one out. Seriously? Now I'm holding 2 West German guns that are totally on my want list. Let's just say he made me a good deal.

The p226 has seen some use, but I would've wanted it to. The P7 looks amazing. Both are in great working order and I couldn't be happier. (My bank account could be though... )

And now, since this thread would be useless w/o photos..

CNyAD.jpg

Sorry, this one looks like crap. (camera phone)
    seYNy.jpg

I had to get a photo of the W.Germany roll mark.
    4ffOr.jpg

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Congrats on the purchases. I make a habit of supporting Midwest when they have a must have. I purchased a P226 just like yours a couple years ago from them and it's to date one of my favorite and most accurate 9's. Enjoy, your really going to like them.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Nice P7, if you've never owned one before i'm sure you'll be happy. They get a little hot though after around 50rds. Did you get the scraper tool with it? Also, they never made them in stainless. HK did some in nickel finish and quite a few of those PSP's were getting hard chromed from the importer/distributors but it looks like a quality job regardless.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Haven't looked up an HK, but the serial number should get you to the date. A lot have their tables online, eg Ruger, or someone has one for them. Some of them are kind of confused, but you'd think the Germans would be anal enough about it to have them right.

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    Nice P7, if you've never owned one before i'm sure you'll be happy. They get a little hot though after around 50rds. Did you get the scraper tool with it? Also, they never made them in stainless. HK did some in nickel finish and quite a few of those PSP's were getting hard chromed from the importer/distributors but it looks like a quality job regardless.

Correct not stainless. Midwest bought all the P7's HK USA had left a little over a year ago.HK did not have any refinished (they were done after they left HK USA) Yours looks like nickle and it looks very nice. It is most likely a lower saxony police trade in (nds on slide, unless removed when plated)

H & K P7 are blue or nickle

HK never did any P7 psp's in niclkle. Only M8, M10 & M13's and not many of those.

Yours looks like a keeper!

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    Nice! That HK looks mint! :rockwoot:

Correct not stainless. Midwest bought all the P7's HK USA had left a little over a year ago.HK did not have any refinished (they were done after they left HK USA) Yours looks like nickle and it looks very nice. It is most likely a lower saxony police trade in (nds on slide, unless removed when plated)

HK never did any P7 psp's in niclkle. Only M8, M10 & M13's and not many of those.

Yours looks like a keeper!

Thanks Everyone! I'm loving this gun! Can't wait until I get a chance to shoot it... too bad the darn magazines are so expensive!!

Nickle, eh? I had no clue, I'm not an expert on finishes... :)

And yes, mine was marked with an NDS on the slide... also 10/85 (does this correlate to 1985?) I saw a page that stated HK's date codes were done using letters... but the only 2 letter code I see makes no sense.. (DE, which would be 34)

Edit: Nevermind... I found a thread on THR that indicates the 10/85 does indeed mean that it was mfg in October of 1985... Thanks guys!

remman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Those are pretty. And for them to be made is W. Germany too, that's a neat piece of history right there. In fact, I happened to get a key knife made in W. Ger. for Christmas. As a history buff, I thought that was pretty cool.

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    Those are pretty. And for them to be made is W. Germany too, that's a neat piece of history right there. In fact, I happened to get a key knife made in W. Ger. for Christmas. As a history buff, I thought that was pretty cool.

Yeah.. I think the W.German thing is awesome.. same reason I've been wanting an early CZ :)

45CALifornia

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Mishawaka
    I stopped into Midwest Gun Exchange today.. no intention of buying any other than an AR lower, since I ordered my Adams Arms 7.5" Tactical Elite PDW Upper today..

As always, I started out over at the used counter. Where I found a very nice (I need to verify the year if anyone can help.) West Germany 1985 HK P7 in stainless. Fantastic shape. After talking with Taylor, I mentioned that I've been jonesing for a West German Sig p226. So, he reaches into another case and pulls one out. Seriously? Now I'm holding 2 West German guns that are totally on my want list. Let's just say he made me a good deal.

The p226 has seen some use, but I would've wanted it to. The P7 looks amazing. Both are in great working order and I couldn't be happier. (My bank account could be though... )

sorry about the bank account. i'll try not to pull out the things you're looking for for a while :D glad i could make you a deal and that you're enjoying the new toys.

tonhe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Elkhart
    sorry about the bank account. i'll try not to pull out the things you're looking for for a while :D glad i could make you a deal and that you're enjoying the new toys.

hahaha, yeah.. it's my own fault for having such good taste! :D

Thanks again! Now I just need to find some free cycles to hit up the range with these bad boys!

(I had hoped most of my AR pistol parts would be in this week, so I could take all 3 to the range... ohwell)

Top Bottom