• S8MS-01904

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    A Carmel Roundabout
    HELP!!!!

I ain't to sure WHY, but was at the Atlanta CC Steel Challenge Saturday and noticed two people in my squad shooting Glock G-19's [I think].

I was the Score Keeper on my squad and saw these black things these people were shooting. I don't need a full size but the semi-compact didn't seem too bad and they really didn't "look" to bad for a 9mm [all black].

If I sip this juice, what kinda coins are these G-19's running new / used? Although I like the new stuff, if used, and coins are a lot less, I might drink heavily.

The use may be for target practice - OC carry - CC carry or loaner for buddy's visiting during range time.

Thoughts????

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    HELP!!!!

I ain't to sure WHY, but was at the Atlanta CC Steel Challenge Saturday and noticed two people in my squad shooting Glock G-19's [I think].

I was the Score Keeper on my squad and saw these black things these people were shooting. I don't need a full size but the semi-compact didn't seem too bad and they really didn't "look" to bad for a 9mm [all black].

If I sip this juice, what kinda coins are these G-19's running new / used? Although I like the new stuff, if used, and coins are a lot less, I might drink heavily.

The use may be for target practice - OC carry - CC carry or loaner for buddy's visiting during range time.

Thoughts????

I have plenty of GLOCK, It's fine for shooting at the range with friend, but i won't carry it for self-defense, i like my guns to be cock-n-lock:rockwoot:

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Being basically they are the same frame size as the .40 (G23) and .357 (G32), they shoudn't seem/look " too bad " for a 9mm. :D

My wife and I both bought OD green ones right after we heard they were gonna discontinue them. I also have a black one. All (3) are gen 3's... We both think they are the ideal size and I shoot that size just as well or better than the larger service sized...

Just be sure to shoot one first... Many really like them, but many dont.

seanamus

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I like mine A LOT but i am with gunman41mag on this one, makes me nervous not having a saftey even though it really shouldnt, next gun will likely be a .45 1911 just for the cock and lock ability

LanceRobbins24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    South Bend
    I've been tempted many a time, but show self restraint and push away from the table every time. I'm sure eventually I'll break down and do it but I've resisted pretty well for the past 10 years or so. You can see going prices in the handgun classifieds section here on INGO. I carry cocked and locked like the guys posting above do.

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Do it! Funny how people feel safe because a little lever is flipped on their gun. Keep your finger off the trigger if you don't want the gun to fire.
    Personally, I don't want to worry about flipping the safety off when I need it at a moments notice.

S8MS-01904

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    A Carmel Roundabout
    Yeah, my carry gun doesn't have a safety, so I don't worry there.

And, I guess I relies the calibers change but the gun for the most part stays the same [different capacity].

Still on the fence........

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    The gun shop in avon (fort liberty?) Had some the other day for $480. If you have law enforcement connections you can get one from jenkins for 398 plus tax. Ends up being $425 and some change.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Looking around for used ones can get you into the 400 to 500 range. Brand new without LEO discount runs closer to 600. I carry two Glocks on a daily basis and have never had an issue with either of them. One is a Gen 2 G17 that I bought WELL used, and the other is a Gen 4 G26 that I bought brand new. Both great guns.

seanamus

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Do it! Funny how people feel safe because a little lever is flipped on their gun. Keep your finger off the trigger if you don't want the gun to fire.
    Personally, I don't want to worry about flipping the safety off when I need it at a moments notice.
    like i said i really shouldn't worry, but it is a back up just in case crap happens

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    It is nearly impossible to go wrong with Glock. I own 5 Glocks and while I'm taking a drink of the M&P Kool-Aid, too I will always love my Glocks. The Glock 19 is one of the finest fighting weapons ever produced and is great for carry and competition. I alternate between my 17,19 and 21 for daily carry and use my 21 and 17 in my IDPA matches.

joshuametivier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Columbus
    There is nothing Kool-aidy about making the choice to purchase a glock. It's a practical gun for practical purposes utilized by practical people. I personally carry a G-19 concealed, but have a profound love for my 1911's, and CZ when range shooting, ect. Not to imply that the Glock doesn't shoot well at the range. I have only had this Glock for 5 months (4 inch barrel) and I am now able to group 2 incher's at 15 yards w/ 115 gr fmj. Obviously I am not a proficient shooter, but with time I am sure I will be able to produce nice groups at 25 yards with the G-19. Ps- I get much more accurate results with 147 gr hp's from the G-19. Joshua

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    Don't do it!
    runforhills.gif

Top Bottom