• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    Thanks for all the information you all have giving me. You gave me new websites to look at and there are a lot more options out there than I could have dreamed about.

I realize how nice those Kodiaks are, but the price is a little too high for me. I will continue to keep my eye on them though.

REI Co-op base camp tent seems more on the line of what I'm looking for.
    Eureka Jade Canyon looks nice as well.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I just got a new tent last year after my wife decided she wanted something nicer (read bigger) than the Coleman dome we had. I ended up getting the REI Kingdom 6. Its a fantastic tent, and has plenty of room. My wife and I used it the first time with a queen size aerobed (pump powered by the car), and my son had a twin air mattress as well. We had gear and everything and could still move around in it. I would suggest either don't use a giant air mattress like we did, or buy the Kingdom 8 if you want more space. We are also planning on getting the "garage" for it this summer to add some more space

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Rei kingdom 8 here (w/garage). Queen size air mattress double thick. Three kids plus German shepherd dog.

Easy up. Lots of room. Super dry.

Think I've used it for 3 or 4 years now. Awesome tent!

Fawkes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    hammock with a rain fly. add an underquilt if its cold, you'll never go back to sleeping on the ground.

Basic dome for the kids.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hammock camping is the way I go when my wife isn't with me. I really like it.....especially when I'm floating rivers and camping. Staying above ground and out of the muck, weeds, sand, etc... on the side of a river is really really excellent.

hammock with a rain fly. add an underquilt if its cold, you'll never go back to sleeping on the ground.

Basic dome for the kids.

Top Bottom