• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jboritzki

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    Beech Grove
    He wants the most stringent requirements imposed in order to be able to buy a firearm. Translation, Terry Curry thinks that guns themselves are a problem and a reason that crime occurs. Only a blind man would buy into such nonsense. It always amazes me at how a person can go from being a child then growing into an adult and still hold onto so many child-like notions.

If you were to ask a 1st grader how we can stop gun violence, we would all expect most of them to say "get rid of all the guns". Once that kid becomes an adult, especially an educated adult, you would expect that person to rely on common sense, research, statistics, crime data, etc. You would expect them to look at the question a little deeper and not just skim the surface of it. That question should inspire more questions like who is doing the shootings, who are they shooting, what is the motivation in most of those cases, and historically, what detours these violent criminals from committing these violent crimes? A 1st grader is naive and should be. An adult, especially one that wants to serve the public, should have grown out of that by now.

YouTube - TheRealTerryCurry-GunControl.wmv

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Who is Terry Curry?

I thought the same thing, but that Google thing had some information at About Terry :: Terry Curry for Prosecutor. He is going to run for Marion County Prosecutor.

OP - Anyone who votes for someone who is against gun rights is only setting us all up for failure. The law abiding person who possesses a LTCH can expect to be treated like the common criminal. He will do anything to get the guns off the street, but not the people who are carrying them.

I'm also tired of the way some of them spout "semi-automatic" guns. They give the average non-gun savvy person the idea that with the push of a button, the gun can go to automatic.

Last edited:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I may be offending some here, my apologies in advance, but I almost think in order to run for public office as a Democrat, you have to take some kind of loyalty oath supporting Gun Control, Pro-Choice (but only for abortions), and Pro-Gay positions.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Stringent requirements?

Ummm, someone ask Mr. Curry what those would be.

I'll bet anyone a sushi dinner that he has no idea what state and federal gun laws are.

He repeats the silly meme that gun shows are somehow immune to state and federal law. Someone in Indy ask him please!

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Mr. Massa told them what the biggest problem is. Guns in the hands of violent felons, gangs etc. Did they not listen to him? More laws will not make it any more difficult for a violent persons or felons to get guns. What is it about that he can't understand? It's not about the gun when it comes to an individuals rights, I think it's about how power and control makes them feel.

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I thought the same thing, but that Google thing had some information at About Terry :: Terry Curry for Prosecutor. He is going to run for Marion County Prosecutor.

OP - Anyone who votes for someone who is against gun rights is only setting us all up for failure. The law abiding person who possesses a LTCH can expect to be treated like the common criminal. He will do anything to get the guns off the street, but not the people who are carrying them.
    Wouldn't that make him "Brizzi-lite"? Seems that's what Indy's been doing already.
    I'm also tired of the way some of them spout "semi-automatic" guns. They give the average non-gun savvy person the idea that with the push of a button, the gun can go to automatic.

Que, you probably know this, but the origin of that is with VPC's own Josh Sugarmann, who said in March of 1989, "Assault weapons... are a new topic. The weapons' menacing looks, coupled with the public's confusion over fully-automatic machine guns versus semi-automatic assault weapons -- anything that looks like a machine gun is assumed to be a machine gun -- can only increase the chance of public support for restrictions on these weapons." -- "Assault Weapons: Analysis, New Research and Legislation"

Translation: The anti- forces focus on "semi-automatic assault weapons" because the uninformed public know no better.

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Someone ask Mr. Curry to define a "semi-automatic weapon".

My money is on that he cannot.

No bet. It's like the "shoulder thing that goes up" video re: Carolyn McCarthy, speaking of barrel shrouds. And I still love Tucker Carlson's response in that 'tragic misspeak' tone, "No, it's not." I mean, really? The name flat out tells you what it is and what it does!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I may be offending some here, my apologies in advance, but I almost think in order to run for public office as a Democrat, you have to take some kind of loyalty oath supporting Gun Control, Pro-Choice (but only for abortions), and Pro-Gay positions.

Granted, I only skimmed the link above, but is he running for Dem or Repub? The link above didn't say outright.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    They should be talking about building more jails and securing the borders.
    We have more jails than we need as it is. What we need to do is start turning loose the non-violent drug offenders that are overcrowding our jails and see about putting violent offenders away. And, as we have about 12 million "illegals" in this country, it's abundantly clear that the vast majority are law abiding and just want to live their lives in peace.

jboritzki

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    Beech Grove
    We have more jails than we need as it is. What we need to do is start turning loose the non-violent drug offenders that are overcrowding our jails and see about putting violent offenders away. And, as we have about 12 million "illegals" in this country, it's abundantly clear that the vast majority are law abiding and just want to live their lives in peace.

There is not a single illegal that is law abiding. Entering the country illegally is illegal. Not paying taxes is illegal. Using a fake ID is illegal.

Serial Crusher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    If you were to ask a 1st grader how we can stop gun violence, we would all expect most of them to say "get rid of all the guns". Once that kid becomes an adult, especially an educated adult, you would expect that person to rely on common sense, research, statistics, crime data, etc.

Sadly enough ... no. In college courses I've seen and heard adults say things like this. The one that takes the cake is something said in an economy course. The professor was a free market capitalist and cited Friedman and von Mises heavily. One of the students when confronted with the question of how to solve our current financial situation, said that we should print more money. I was about ready to shout the student down on general principle, when the rest of the class murmured agreement ... I noticed the professor had a vein that seemed to be quivering on his neck. I probably had one too. Needless to say the course had a fairly high withdrawal rate. The professor is a pretty rare bird in not toeing the Marxist line that most tenured professors have to.

The moral of the story is you can't reason with someone who isn't using it.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Wouldn't that make him "Brizzi-lite"? Seems that's what Indy's been doing already.

Exactly!

Que, you probably know this, but the origin of that is with VPC's own Josh Sugarmann, who said in March of 1989, "Assault weapons... are a new topic. The weapons' menacing looks, coupled with the public's confusion over fully-automatic machine guns versus semi-automatic assault weapons -- anything that looks like a machine gun is assumed to be a machine gun -- can only increase the chance of public support for restrictions on these weapons." -- "Assault Weapons: Analysis, New Research and Legislation"

Translation: The anti- forces focus on "semi-automatic assault weapons" because the uninformed public know no better.

Blessings,
    Bill

No, I didn't know that Bill. At least not with as much detail. Thanks for the information. :+1:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    ...One of the students when confronted with the question of how to solve our current financial situation, said that we should print more money....

So if they had to feed a family of 4 with a large pizza, but 8 people dropped in at suppertime, they'd just cut the pizza into more slices to feed everyone, right? That's OK because everyone got two slices of pizza. (Never mind that the size of each slice just went from 4" across to 1" across.)

Yeah, I can see why your prof and you had those mudveins quivering. Sometimes, you just want to scream.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom