• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    A man was awoken from a sound sleep at around 5:50 a.m. to the sound of his front door being broken down, footsteps, and loud explosions. The intrusion jolted him out of bed and he grabbed a rifle that was kept in the bedroom he shared with his pregnant girlfriend for protection. Without a moment’s hesitation, took aim at the shadowy figures that had crashed into his home. His shots fatally struck one of them.

It turned out to be a SWAT team performing a no-knock raid to enforce prohibition laws. The noises that had startled him were the sounds of eight deputies detonating concussion grenades and breaching his front door — all without actually knocking or announcing themselves.

The paramilitary team was on a mission to find illegal weeds, and were prepared to kill — or die — to prevent them from growing. They found some: two 6-inch sprouts and some seedlings. Apparently getting those plants off the streets means that the mission was a success.

“This is something that could have happened to anyone protecting their home at night,” DeGuerrin explained. “‘Hank [Magee], like any homeowner, defended himself and his pregnant girlfriend.”

Texas deputy dies serving no-knock SWAT raid for marijuana | Police State USA

Dolton916

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    Porter County
    Am I missing something? A criminal killed a SWAT team member who was legally performing a no knock raid in which illegally possessed controlled substances were found.

God Bless Him and his family.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Neither here nor there...the illegal substances were found after the shooting. The shooting itself was found to be justified.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Risk vs. Reward...

Even if the guy had the 12 plants the informant claimed, how-in-the-world did these guys imagine the home owner would have flushed the evidence down a toilet?

If the guy was thought to be or had a record of being violent, then a surprise raid might be rationalized. But to catch a small time marijuana grower? I don't have much sympathy for people that go about willfully violating a law but it seems to me these police forces should use their tacticool toys and training in a more responsible manner.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    "The Burleson County Sheriff’s Office would not have been there that day if Mr. Magee had not decided to live a lifestyle of doing and producing illegal drugs in his home. Therefore, we will fully prosecute the drug charges against him. This event should wake the community up that drug crimes are not victimless.

Wow, the irony of that statement.

The government remains basically unapologetic after these insane policies lead directly to the death of one of their own.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Am I just stupid....why not since you know there is a drug user in the house making or growing drugs....why not just get the guy when he is away from the house, arrest him then go to the house and search......? You already have the warrant to enter the house, so why not surprise the guy away from the house and away from family members that may get shot. What am I missing....? Maybe its the fun factor of a good shoot out....? I see the FBI getting guys when they go to the store, they get swarmed so fast they don't know what happen....just don't get it.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Am I just stupid....why not since you know there is a drug user in the house making or growing drugs....why not just get the guy when he is away from the house, arrest him then go to the house and search......? You already have the warrant to enter the house, so why not surprise the guy away from the house and away from family members that may get shot. What am I missing....? Maybe its the fun factor of a good shoot out....? I see the FBI getting guys when they go to the store, they get swarmed so fast they don't know what happen....just don't get it.

Kinda hard to take a guy down with tanks and flamethrowers in the grocery store parking lot.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Am I missing something? A criminal killed a SWAT team member who was legally performing a no knock raid in which illegally possessed controlled substances were found.

God Bless Him and his family.

While I take no pleasure in hearing that the officer died, you are missing quite a bit.

The point is that another person has died unnecessarily due to the short-sighted strategy of marijuana prohibition and one of the dangerous tactics often used to enforce it.

Without prohibition, this, and many other pointless deaths wouldn't occur.

Tired of Lies

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2013
    Nashville
    Risk vs. Reward...

Even if the guy had the 12 plants the informant claimed, how-in-the-world did these guys imagine the home owner would have flushed the evidence down a toilet?

If the guy was thought to be or had a record of being violent, then a surprise raid might be rationalized. But to catch a small time marijuana grower? I don't have much sympathy for people that go about willfully violating a law but it seems to me these police forces should use their tacticool toys and training in a more responsible manner.

Most cops would quit the force then raid a real drug dealer....like the South American kind.

Top Bottom