• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Well, I don't know about that but I do know that my sister got pretty pissed when I took her Barbie and my GI Joe um, did stuff.

One of the hardest punches in the gut I ever took was from my brother when I called him a girl...and that didn't even have anything to do with him playing with his dolls. :laugh:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    One of the hardest punches in the gut I ever took was from my brother when I called him a girl...and that didn't even have anything to do with him playing with his dolls. :laugh:

Well, my sister was two years older and bigger than me when I made the rude gestures with my GI Joe to her Barbie. At least she didn't gut punch me. She just drug me all over the house by my ear looking for mom. Luckily mom was out and I had time to think up a good blackmail story to protect myself. I'd have probably had to make a trip to the weeping willow tree over that one.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Well, my sister was two years older and bigger than me when I made the rude gestures with my GI Joe to her Barbie. At least she didn't gut punch me. She just drug me all over the house by my ear looking for mom. Luckily mom was out and I had time to think up a good blackmail story to protect myself. I'd have probably had to make a trip to the weeping willow tree over that one.

I've had to do that...when dad didn't have a belt (and he usually had a belt).

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Were, not was. And I still firmly believe that corrupt politicians should be made to pay. A court cleared him, so he stands innocent before the law. Doesn't mean he wasn't corrupt, though.

AlMrJarrell: "I stand with the drunken prosecutor because the governor was a Republican!"

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Were, not was. And I still firmly believe that corrupt politicians should be made to pay. A court cleared him, so he stands innocent before the law. Doesn't mean he wasn't corrupt, though.

So, the governor using a power explicitly granted to the governor is an example of corruption?

The governor using that explicitly authorized veto power to deny funding to the ethics office while that office was led by a prosecutor who a) got busted drunk driving, and b) tried to use her position as a prosecutor to curry favor with (and/or to threaten) the arresting officers - i.e. unethical and corrupt behaviors, because of the governor's lack of faith that said corrupt prosecutor running that officer was capable of fulfilling the fiduciary duties of the office to which she was elected, is somehow an example of corruption on the part of the governor?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So, the governor using a power explicitly granted to the governor is an example of corruption?

The governor using that explicitly authorized veto power to deny funding to the ethics office while that office was led by a prosecutor who a) got busted drunk driving, and b) tried to use her position as a prosecutor to curry favor with (and/or to threaten) the arresting officers - i.e. unethical and corrupt behaviors, because of the governor's lack of faith that said corrupt prosecutor running that officer was capable of fulfilling the fiduciary duties of the office to which she was elected, is somehow an example of corruption on the part of the governor?

Because prosecutors should have the ability to use their authority to break laws that they prosecute normal people for breaking. See, that's what progressive libertarianism is all about. Power to the people. It's on their website.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Good post chip but none o' that matters if the governor is Republican. Unethical drunken corrupt behavior by a prosecutor trumps Republican anything in mrj's world..

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Because prosecutors should have the ability to use their authority to break laws that they prosecute normal people for breaking. See, that's what progressive libertarianism is all about. Power to the people. It's on their website.

Now that is an amusing phrase.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to leave now later and head east west toward away from home.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

He's a Republican. What don't you understand?

If he was a Democrat, this thread would not exist.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom