• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sp3worker

Expert
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Just got home from my Texas hog hunt. 5 of us took 8 hogs in 2 days. I got 2- a 230lb and a 205lb, both taken with a. 450 Bushmaster around 40yds. Both fell over DRT.

15nar2p.jpg

2a4z68j.jpg

10zqlx3.jpg

9lbnup.jpg

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Most of them were in the 100lb-150lb range, these were exceptionally big.

Yeah. Yours are almost certainly the "wild wild" pigs. As opposed to a few generations of now wild/feral domestic pigs that escaped farms.

I wonder if there'd be any cross breeding between the wilds and the ferals?

sp3worker

Expert
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah. Yours are almost certainly the "wild wild" pigs. As opposed to a few generations of now wild/feral domestic pigs that escaped farms.

I'm sure they are.

The guide said that a bunch of African wart hogs got loose in south Texas, so those will probaby be the next thing we'll be seeing.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson

If by wild wild pigs you are referring to true Eurasian wild boars, that is incorrect. There are virtually no true, reasonably pure wild boars outside of fences in the US although there are a few areas that have hog populations containing slightly elevated amounts of wild boar genetics. The majority of their genetics are that of domestic hogs gone feral as are the genetics of virtually all free ranging wild hogs in the US. Most of the now wild hogs are either descendants of domestic hogs released by the Spanish during early exploration or domestic escapees from then to now. Hogs go feral extremely quickly and lose most domestic characteristics within a few generations.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I seen 8 of the biggest hogs I have ever seen before this morning on large private cattle ranch in central FL, I was several miles back from anything/anywhere, I am going back tomorrow morning to see what I can do, boss got one shot off with a .308 bolt and I didn't have my rifle, just goes to show it takes a semi auto with large capacity to get it done.

Nice to get paid to hunt while working cattle or ground every day.

Top Bottom