• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I eat out a lot with my traveling for work. I am pretty flexible on how I can eat my steak. I prefer med rare but can go med to rare. I all depends on the day that I have had whether or not I care to educate the staff of bad or good issues unless it's really bad or really good.

TR here in Elkhart is pretty good for the price vs value. The service has always been very good there.
    I would take outback over TR any day.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    Only issue I've had at Texas Roadhouse was in Lafayette once the waitress forgot to turn in our order. Other than that I've had pretty good experiences there, Kokomo, and Fort Wayne.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    This is the way I like to deal with bad service...
    26074_picdump-09_zpseigajqjj.jpg

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    10% is my bad tip.

they earn money to live on. I expect to pay at least 20%, so 10% is a savings. A lot of the problems are not their fault directly

and I would never make a huge mess on a table like that. Extraordinarily infantile and candy-ass to do something like that

Last edited:

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    I would never pay 10% for bad service. Why reward someone for not doing their job? I'm not in the "everybody gets a trophy" class. I always pay 20% for good service, sometimes more for exceptional service. But if the place isn't busy, and I sit there 10 or 15 minutes with no attention, watch how infantile I can get.
    Their manager doesn't know if they get a 10% tip, they need to be aware of what kind of workers they have.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    We had service so bad at O'Charley's that we paid with cash and put it in melted butter. I think there were 8-10 of us (my family), only 1 order was correct & they didn't want to fix anyone's, they just wanted us to eat what they brought out.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have always had great food and service from Texas Roadhouse. . . except one. . . the one in Columbus Indiana.

It was a couple years ago. I just remember at 6:00 pm on a Saturday evening all they had was well done prime rib and the service was lousy.

junk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2016
    state of confusion
    we went to a new brew house on Sunday . There seemed to be plenty of wait staff . after 15 minutes we had no service at all . We just got up and left , my wife commented to the door greeter that she would leave her opinion all over the internet . It looked like the were more waiters than customers .

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    10% is my bad tip.

they earn money to live on. I expect to pay at least 20%, so 10% is a savings. A lot of the problems are not their fault directly

and I would never make a huge mess on a table like that. Extraordinarily infantile and candy-ass to do something like that

:yesway:

rhinoabe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Jennings Co.
    I went to there web site and sent them basically the same msg that I posted at the beginning. I received a caned response yesterday with a coupon for $30.00 off. Most likely I wont use the coupon as I have no reason to drive 35 miles one way for a free meal. But at least they know how I was treated. The msg. follows.

Dear Charles Abrams,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us here at Texas Roadhouse. It’s always a pleasure hearing from our guests.

Please know that we take all of our guest comments and concerns seriously and view them as opportunities for development. We are certainly sorry to hear about your recent disappointment while visiting our store. We appreciate you alerting us to the situation because above all we want our guests to have a legendary visit at our restaurants.

Thank you again for your honest feedback, it is greatly appreciated. We hope that you will continue to visit Texas Roadhouse for our hand-cut steaks, fresh baked bread and made from scratch sides.

You are a valued guest and we hope you will give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations and restore your faith in Texas Roadhouse. As a token of our sincere apologies this message includes a special offer for you to use on your next visit.

Sincerely,

Texas Roadhouse

FWJK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    We had service so bad at O'Charley's that we paid with cash and put it in melted butter. I think there were 8-10 of us (my family), only 1 order was correct & they didn't want to fix anyone's, they just wanted us to eat what they brought out.

Kind of a douche move...

Top Bottom