• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If the weather is decent on Saturday, then...

Marion County Fish and Game's Texas Star Match will be this Saturday, January 23rd at 1 PM. Setup will begin at 12:15 PM and we would appreciate the help of a few volunteers. The Safety Meeting (required for new shooters) will be at 12:45 PM to explain the rules. At 1:00 PM, we will begin shooting.

REMINDER: Bring work gloves for resetting targets. The steel plates are cold and often get muddy.

If the forecast gets worse, the match will be canceled.
    I will send an e-mail and post an announcement in the Shooting Sports section of www.ingunowners.com by 10:00 AM if the match is canceled.

The cost is $3 per bracket for club members and $4 per bracket for non-members. All money goes toward the club and/or making the competition better. Youth (under the age of 18) shoot free with a paid adult.

Texas Star Shooting is conducted under a COLD RANGE. That means all guns must be holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. You may only handle your gun at the direction of a range officer (RO), or at the designated "safe table". Violation of this or any other safety rule shall result in a match disqualification.If you have any questions about the match, please read the rules posted at: MCFG - Indy Range Official Website - Shotgun, Pistol, Shooting Range (look under "Programs and Events" > "Bowling Pins") If you are unable to find an answer posted in the rules, please feel free to e-mail me.

If you are willing to help as an RO or help keep score, that would be greatly appreciated.

Hope you can make it Saturday.

~John

[email]BowlingPinShooting@gmail.com
    [/EMAIL]

Last edited:

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Is this man on man j-ladder or how do you guys do this? be a good way to shake out my new 9mm open barrel

Not familiar with the term "j-ladder" but we do shoot head to head against another competitor. We use a bracket style scoring sheet. If you lose in the first round of a bracket, you are placed in a "2nd chance" bracket. From that point on, it is single elimination for everyone. We typically shoot 3-4 brackets during a normal match.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    Not familiar with the term "j-ladder" but we do shoot head to head against another competitor. We use a bracket style scoring sheet. If you lose in the first round of a bracket, you are placed in a "2nd chance" bracket. From that point on, it is single elimination for everyone. We typically shoot 3-4 brackets during a normal match.
    Not sure where I heard it called that but that's what I was talking about. Been about 10 years since I shot bowling pins there, time flies.

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Match on 1/23 is Canceled. Weather forecast looks less than optimal and the club's driveway is reported to be treacherous.

If the weather looks better next Saturday (1/29) and we can get the OK from the club, we may reschedule the match for next week.

Stay tuned...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom