• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I'm going to side with the singlepayer theory. It's all working out so perfectly towards it. Then we're really up creek.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    [video=youtube;Z1mlR2CQZL4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1mlR2CQZL4[/video]

Because he wants hitlary to run on "fixing" the obama mess. She can't run on how great it is.
    It will be revised to "hitlarycare" in short order.
    She will get her pet project finally after all these years.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    This is a MAJOR flaw in Obamacare. We already had a strained healthcare infrastructure with less skilled candidates (MD's/RN's/etc) due to baby boomers retiring, now add on top of that we now everyone HAS to have insurance. All of us in healthcare are stretched thin. This is a huge problem that isn't being addressed. Well, sort of.

We now have more and more advanced practice nurses (NP's, CRNA's, etc) who are filling roles that MD's used to fill. NP's in the very near future are likely going to replace general practitioners. CRNA's may replace anesthesiologists for routine/simple procedures.

I think that there are actually some good things that could be associated with this, and also some very bad as you're pointing out. Overworked healthcare personnel and client safety are my two major concerns. People with too much responsibility and not enough time to devote to people will mean more missed diagnoses, more malpractice, etc.

Obamacare was intended to "fix" the american healthcare system. It did nothing of the sort, as we all know, and in effect has made the healthcare system weaker.

I had a colonoscopy about a month ago and that was actually the case; no anesthesiologist, just nurses and the doctor doing the exam. I have come to accept that I can see my doctor at my yearly physical, but I can only see a nurse practitioner if something comes up that needs to be addressed same day.

We used to have great coverage, but it was deemed a "Cadillac Plan" and was cancelled. Now we have basic coverage for potential large expenses, coupled with a health savings account that we pay into that actually pays for most expenses.

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    So much of what I do is non-acute care that PA/NP are just fine for it. Even the sick folks are generally handled just fine by PA/NP. Some of ours Intubate, put in central lines, reduce dislocations, lumbar punctures. All of them do our suturing, abscesses, splinting, etc. we are really there for the mental efforts and diagnostic side. Usually the midlevels get it right though.

the most efficient way to do it is midlevels supervised by docs. They know their limitations and grab us when someone is really sick or confusing. That's not Obamacare, that's just reality.

Top Bottom