• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    I won a pistol on Gunbroker and had it sent to my favorite dealer. UPS thought it better to deliver it to the wrong address in the wrong town. Not to mention that they put it on someones porch and didn't get a signature from the person at the house. So someone out there just got a very nice Dan Wesson CCO for free. I've already called UPS about it and they don't seem to be in a hurry to resolve it. I suggested getting a 3 letter agency involved as it is now a missing or stolen firearm that was shipped across state lines. I don't think that UPS liked that idea at all.

What's your shipping company messed it up story?

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    That's strange, apparently UPS was able to give you all that information based on a tracking number. The same tracking number the UPS driver would have scanned at delivery. The same tracking number assigned by the shipping location with an included destination address in the database. The same tracking number that would have alerted the driver to a misdelivery had it not been destined for the location dropped off at. I'm not doubting that your purchase is MIA, I am questioning how that came to be.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    That's strange, apparently UPS was able to give you all that information based on a tracking number. The same tracking number the UPS driver would have scanned at delivery. The same tracking number assigned by the shipping location with an included destination address in the database. The same tracking number that would have alerted the driver to a misdelivery had it not been destined for the location dropped off at. I'm not doubting that your purchase is MIA, I am questioning how that came to be.

Sounds like a UPS driver might have scored himself a nice new gun.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I had ammo that went MIA. UPS claimed they left it at my door. It specifically said signature required but none obtained. I was home all day. The shipper had to reimburse me.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Sounds like a UPS driver might have scored himself a nice new gun.

While anything is possible, am inclined to think if a driver were to steal this they would more likely not scan the item, than to have scanned delivery to a wrong address leaving bread crumbs.

confused89

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    IN
    They were finally able to tell me the address that they left it at but there again they left it on the porch in a town where it wasn't even addressed to. They said that they would send a driver out to ask about it tomorrow. I will see what they have to say tomorrow about it but I bet they won't be able to find it.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    Mine wasn't a gun, but that sound just like what UPS did with one of my packages.
    Tracking showed delivered, but nothing at my door. Checked tracking and it was delivered in Indianapolis and signed for by someone I didn't know. I called UPS right then to report it. It was about 9pm, it showed delivered at 11pm, 2 hours later than it was right then. They did a report, at some point they gave me the address. It was Indy, not Brownsburg and about 2 blocks East of the UPS depo, in an empty lot. At some point I talked to a supervisor, they are telling me it would be 2 weeks while they look into it & if the driver gets back in the same area they would try to pick it up. I had to tell him it was 2 blocks away, in the emptylot, the time problem, the city problem and said why let the driver do that for 2 more weeks.
    Turns out that the empty lot is a UPS lot that they have trailers in. My package was in one of the trailers, that had Amazon returns in. After the trailer is full, it goes to Amazon, they sort, then returned my package to UPS and I got it later.

Did they give you the address?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Call the local police of the town it was mistakenly delivered. Good chance the person wasn’t into guns and turned it over to the police. Or, they could swing by and see if it’s on the porch if you tell them it’s a firearm.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If they are disinclined to correct the problem you could suggest that the BATFEIEIO are some really fun folks to get acquainted with.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I had ammo that went MIA. UPS claimed they left it at my door. It specifically said signature required but none obtained. I was home all day. The shipper had to reimburse me.

I just had a gun delivered to my house on Tuesday (I'm a C&R license holder and it was a C&R pistol). It was sent "signature required" via FedEx, but when I answered the door, and asked about signing for it, the driver said all I had to do was tell her my last name. That seemed pretty odd, but I'm guessing it's some kind of change in policy due to Covid. :n00b:

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    I just had a gun delivered to my house on Tuesday (I'm a C&R license holder and it was a C&R pistol). It was sent "signature required" via FedEx, but when I answered the door, and asked about signing for it, the driver said all I had to do was tell her my last name. That seemed pretty odd, but I'm guessing it's some kind of change in policy due to Covid. :n00b:

As I recall, most shippers also charge extra for "signature required". So they are skipping their obligation and making greater profits at the expense of public safety. Maybe they will get their act together when some underage person commits a crime or is injured by a mis-delivered package, after the law suit of course.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I had the opposite experience. FedEx called my cell, package from seller was mislabeled, wrong zip code. FedEx wanted to confirm address and make sure I was going to be home. It was next day air.

I'm wondering if the human factor is the difference in the outcome? I worked in distribution a long time ago and the scanning and sorting tech was pretty good back in the day, I'd image it's even better now.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    As I recall, most shippers also charge extra for "signature required". So they are skipping their obligation and making greater profits at the expense of public safety. Maybe they will get their act together when some underage person commits a crime or is injured by a mis-delivered package, after the law suit of course.

Well, to be fair, I don't know that they'd have left it if I hadn't come to the door, so that's what makes me think it's due to the whole "contactless" delivery kinda thing.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Well, to be fair, I don't know that they'd have left it if I hadn't come to the door, so that's what makes me think it's due to the whole "contactless" delivery kinda thing.

I had a sig required delivery recently and same thing. All other packages just get left but on this one they definitely waited for me to answer the door and took the info. It's not like actually signing the digital pad is much more of a trail, and yes, I'm guessing it is due to Covid. Had similar for other things that normally req a sig recently.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I won a pistol on Gunbroker and had it sent to my favorite dealer. UPS thought it better to deliver it to the wrong address in the wrong town. Not to mention that they put it on someones porch and didn't get a signature from the person at the house. So someone out there just got a very nice Dan Wesson CCO for free. I've already called UPS about it and they don't seem to be in a hurry to resolve it. I suggested getting a 3 letter agency involved as it is now a missing or stolen firearm that was shipped across state lines. I don't think that UPS liked that idea at all.

What's your shipping company messed it up story?

Man I'm sorry to hear about this, totally sucks.
    I hope you get that DW into your possession soon!
    If it were me I would take jsharmon7's advice (post #8)

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    I get that the parcel was delivered to a location other than the OP's favorite FFL. Has statement been made the pkg was delivered to a location other than where it was addressed to?

Top Bottom