• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    They don't mention the henry rifle , the spencer rifle, and the luger pistol which was also a fine semi auto and came before the 1911, etc etc.
    I have to agree with a prior post 11 is just too confining.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Exactly how many man-years has the XM-25 seen in the field? I doubt it approaches the AR-15 platform.

It's a toss up between the M1 Garand and the Springfield. I agree the MP5 should have replaced the Uzi. and I can't help feeling that the P-90 and Henry Repeater should have been in there somewhere, but I can't see a gun to boot in their places.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    First gun evere created by [STRIKE]God[/STRIKE] Gaston Glock himself.
    austria-flag-07.gif

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Firearms have evolved constantly ever since their start around 800 years ago. From primitive hand cannons to automatic weapons, here are the gun breakthroughs that changed the battlefield and beyond.

The 11 Most Important Guns in History - Popular Mechanics

Are these the "right" 11 in your humble opinion?

Not even close! To begin with it is weighted too much on the 20th Century. If the history of firearms influence on history were a day, the 20th Century is the last few hours. As others have said: The rifled flintlock, the Mauser, the M16, the Winchester(...actually the Henry)...I'll toss in a few: the early Colt revolver(...the peace maker is way over rated in western history), the Enfield(..the last rifle of Colonial Empire), The Berdan Number 2(...the rifle from which Mosin copied) and the pistols of Carl Walther(...from which all double action 9s evolved).

Someone remind me which battlefield did the Gatling Gun, the Glock 17 or the XM-25 influence?

This list is nothing more than the opinion of the author based on his preferences and limited knowlege of history. Sorry...JMHO!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom