• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    That's disappointing, I'll be going up Sunday for my first time. I'm a surplus and antique firearms kind of guy so I usually am just there hoping an individual is walking around with something interesting.

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    well there are some surplus riflrs and pistols. One guy had a table full of K98ks but none of them were correct. but not a complete waste of time I did pick up a bolt for one of my g/k43s.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    That's disappointing, I'll be going up Sunday for my first time. I'm a surplus and antique firearms kind of guy so I usually am just there hoping an individual is walking around with something interesting.

Its worth the trip...keep an eye out for prices...the places right after you walk in are typically higher than the places further 'in' I've found.

CombatNinja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Lafayette
    I wanted to go for something to do tomorrow but we are supposed to have an epic ice storm coming in so i decided not to go down there might change my mind if thee weatger isnt bad in the morning. What arebammo prices like? And how bad was the crowd last few times ive gone you couldn't hardly get down the isle.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Crowd wasn't bad at all today. There's a big show in Lousiville too...guessing crowd wont' be bad.

I don't know what the 'best' time to go is tomorrow...guessing it will be steady stream all day.

I can't speak to ammo prices. LOTS of commercial-ish reloads there...but once again, unsure of the prices. Don't give up...keep looking as you walk through. The prices were all over the place. Those trying to make a mint to those selling for reasonable price. Heard one ammo guy getting out of the business selling at a loss(and said he still couldn't get anyone to buy).

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Crowd wasn't bad at all today. There's a big show in Lousiville too...guessing crowd wont' be bad.

I don't know what the 'best' time to go is tomorrow...guessing it will be steady stream all day.

I can't speak to ammo prices. LOTS of commercial-ish reloads there...but once again, unsure of the prices. Don't give up...keep looking as you walk through. The prices were all over the place. Those trying to make a mint to those selling for reasonable price. Heard one ammo guy getting out of the business selling at a loss(and said he still couldn't get anyone to buy).

The pressure is off. The carpet baggers will fade away. The high priced tables will still be full Sunday afternoon.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I wanted to go for something to do tomorrow but we are supposed to have an epic ice storm coming in so i decided not to go down there might change my mind if thee weatger isnt bad in the morning. What arebammo prices like? And how bad was the crowd last few times ive gone you couldn't hardly get down the isle.

The alledged Ice Storm will be mainly south of Indy according to the local weather guessers and it will not be a storm.

rennocneb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Lawrence County
    honestly i hate to say it but really. the prices sucked on most newer handguns. I went with a couple grand in my pocket with the intention of buying something and walked out with a corn dog lol. I can do better at my LGS for selection and price sadly.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    honestly i hate to say it but really. the prices sucked on most newer handguns. I went with a couple grand in my pocket with the intention of buying something and walked out with a corn dog lol. I can do better at my LGS for selection and price sadly.

This has been the trend. They are geared up for the uninformed new gun owner. Pray on the weak.

rennocneb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Lawrence County
    there were some decent ammo prices, but then again i gotta tote that crap a quarter mile or more to the car so, eh 40 bucks on 1000 rounds probably aint worth it to me. Alot of accessories, didnt shop long guns much, but for pistols it really was not great. Didnt see a single hi power, one sig stainless, and a few czs those were the 3 on my shopping list.

rennocneb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Lawrence County
    ive not really been into guns long, but when i get into something i get into it fully. i mean they acted like it was a deal to get a new gen 3 glock 19 for 499. I can go buy them at the LGS for 479 all day long.

Top Bottom