• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Picked the last two cukes and last Roma's before last nights frost. Made a quick salad with last of the basil I could find. Cut up Roma's, cuke and basil. Toss in some Italian salad dressing and serve with garlic bread and plate of spaghetti and meat balls and glass of Merlot. Hmm-mm!
    Okra...done
    peppers...done
    tomatoes...done
    beets... deer got them before me.
    cukes...done
    soybeans... deer got them too. (Edamame)

Still have plenty of bak choy for stir fry.
    Stevia... flowering and waiting for the seeds.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Cleaned out the beds this past weekend. Hoping it stays dry enough to plant the garlic and bed them down with the shredded sweet gum balls. (I've finally found a use for those damn things.) Mr88GT also finished the retaining wall on one end. Now we just have to finish the other.

It looks so pretty without the fencing up, but if I can't keep my stupid dog out of the beds, I have to have that ugly fence up. :(

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Fence charger works fairly well for me.

I used to get deer in my garden eating everything. Even electric wire around the top of the fence did nothing as they just jumped over it. I started tying the plastic shopping bags on the fence as in this picture three years ago. I cut them in half vertically and loop the bag through the handle...cutting them prevents them from holding water. When the wind blows, they flap in the breeze and make noise and spook the deer. I have not had a deer within 20 feet of the fence in the past three years. I take them down at the end of the season as they get brittle from the weather and I don't like them blowing around in my yard. When I plant the garden, I put new ones up. I spray them with cheap air freshener from the dollar store when I first put them up as that also helps keep the deer away. This is virtually a free deer solution that has worked very well for us.

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    I used to get deer in my garden eating everything. Even electric wire around the top of the fence did nothing as they just jumped over it. I started tying the plastic shopping bags on the fence as in this picture three years ago. I cut them in half vertically and loop the bag through the handle...cutting them prevents them from holding water. When the wind blows, they flap in the breeze and make noise and spook the deer. I have not had a deer within 20 feet of the fence in the past three years. I take them down at the end of the season as they get brittle from the weather and I don't like them blowing around in my yard. When I plant the garden, I put new ones up. I spray them with cheap air freshener from the dollar store when I first put them up as that also helps keep the deer away. This is virtually a free deer solution that has worked very well for us.

It is true what they say, "Mom always knows best". Thanks for the tip Mom!:):

Top Bottom