Not open for further replies.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    President Trump is "awesome" when compared to the "alternative"? You're a Libertarian???? No, seriously, "awesome"? I voted Libertarian, and it's closest to my political stance. However, the idea of "free will," and Trump, Clinton, or most of the other candidates, when compared, I could NEVER refer to one as "awesome" or the others. More like, "meh, another bum.... but a bit less than the other bums."

Compared to president HRC:puke: I'd call a root canal without numbing medicine awesome!

I mean, come on, he's only been in a little over a hundred days. It's not as if a President could win the Nobel Peace Prize just for being elected, right...?

I think that most of us recognize that the media coverage of Trump was largely responsible for his nomination and ultimate election. Clinton had significant negatvies, to be sure, but in any rational society, a man like Trump is unelectable. I blame the press and, for the most part, they blame themselves.

The significant pendulum swing against Trump is part hair shirt penance and some of what they ultimately are responsible for under the 1st Amendment. We have a person who shouldn't be in office, in office. Mea Culpa. I hope they watch him closely. I also hope Congress does its job.

Trump is an embarrassment.

Agreed, but I would add that's he's also dangerous. Besides the potential of doing some extremely stupid things in the extremely short time he's been President he's tested our country, it's people, and our system like no other before him.

I know a lot of the right lives in a bubble called Fox, but seriously!?!??? Harvard study shows that 93% of the reporting of Pres Trump from CNN and NBC is negative in the first 100 days. Did the hand of God come down and miracle a change in coverage after Jan 20th??? The media coverage of him was way negative BEFORE the election as well. It hasn't changed. I'll stick to my opinion that President Trump won in spite of the media.

I'll also disagree that our society is irrational. Millions of reasonable, thoughtful, articulate Americans cast their vote for whom they perceived as the BETTER candidate, and he won because of it.

Clinton had HUGE negatives! She didn't hold a single open press conference since DECEMBER 2015 for goodness sake! She knew that she wouldn't look well on the emails and refused to face the media OR the American people. The last time Wisconsin went republican for a president was 1984! There was an NPR story I was listening to where Hillary's staff was flummoxed by democratic experts in Florida telling them they were in trouble. "What the hell are you talking about," her staff asked, "we're pulling 3 - 4,000 more votes than Obama did in some counties?" "Yes," the experts agreed, "But Trump is pulling 20 - 25,000 more votes than Romney did."

And I'll go back to part of the blame being squarely on the DNC and Debbie Wasserman-Schultz in particular. By both helping Hillary AND hurting Bernie the DNC along with DWS helped keep many liberal democrats at home. How many? We'll never know the exact number but certainly thousands, maybe millions?

Finally, it has now been shown that Hillary received the questions from CNN journalist Donna Brazile she would be asked before a presidential debate while Trump did not, and you want to point to the media as the reason he got elected.

Donald Trump beat the media. Hillary beat Hillary.

Regards,

Doug

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Maybe we wouldn't have Trump, if the Dems didn't put up a crook and a thief, the if the Repubs didn't put up bland characters that no one cared about.

Face it. It was a pile of crap. You can put whipped cream on it. But it doesn't change what it is.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Yeah, not hardly. Sounds very inspirational though, but not hardly.

The travel ban, what inspired it, and how the first one was enacted is but one small example. He's friggin dangerous. Ah yeah and I almost forgot to mention stupid.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    [video=youtube;044tqG_hbjc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=044tqG_hbjc[/video]

CNN anchor flips out on a Navy Seal over his skepticism of anonymous sources

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think that most of us recognize that the media coverage of Trump was largely responsible for his nomination and ultimate election. Clinton had significant negatvies, to be sure, but in any rational society, a man like Trump is unelectable. I blame the press and, for the most part, they blame themselves.

The significant pendulum swing against Trump is part hair shirt penance and some of what they ultimately are responsible for under the 1st Amendment. We have a person who shouldn't be in office, in office. Mea Culpa. I hope they watch him closely. I also hope Congress does its job.

Trump is an embarrassment.

Trump is obviously electable. The evidence is that he is now the sitting president. I didn't think he could be electable, but I, and every other person who didn't think he could be elected, was wrong.

He was elected not for just one reason, but if I were to pick just one, it wouldn't be the media. That would overstate the importance of traditional media in the era of social media. Republicans have always had to fight left media. But Trump IS his own media. If I were to pick why Trump won it would be a combination of the sentiment of middle class white voters being fed up with elitist pricks speaking for them in both parties, along with fact of Democrats running a candidate who most middle country voters consider much worse than Trump.

Hell, I'd have voted Democrat if they'd have nominated Jim Web. I'm not all that fond of his mildly collectivist bent, but at least he's sane and he's pro 2A. Democrats aren't capable of running a sane candidate now anymore than the Republicans did with Trump. It's a world of crazy. And unless Dems admit why they lost, they're going to double down on crazy next election. They'll run some identity leftist moonbeam like Warren. Probably Sanders won't run again especially with his wife in Prison.

And maybe Trump will lose his ass in 2020 anyway. In a normal world he would. But this isn't a normal world. This is a world in which the people who Democrats will run against him will embrace the craziest social justice nonsense.

Agreed, but I would add that's he's also dangerous. Besides the potential of doing some extremely stupid things in the extremely short time he's been President he's tested our country, it's people, and our system like no other before him.

There's a potential of Trump being dangerous. If he did boastfully tell the Russians stuff he should have kept to himself, that could happen again, only with information that is even more sensitive. But we'll see. He's doing pretty well in foreign policy compared to his predecessor. Trump hasn't drawn silly lines he won't back up and he hasn't gone on any apology tours. I'd rather he were a bit more isolationist, but it's not like any president likely to be elected would be.

So it's a game of what's worse.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    The travel ban, what inspired it, and how the first one was enacted is but one small example. He's friggin dangerous. Ah yeah and I almost forgot to mention stupid.

the MSM is 10 times more dangerous than Trump will ever be.......and the MSM is making a whole lot of people look stupid not Trump....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I think the first travel ban was hastily written and poorly executed. And he paid for it in political capital. The second one I think he did get right. There's nothing dangerous about it.

NIGHTRIDER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2015
    on the road
    No thoughts on the new arms deal with Saudis?

DAYPK0BXoAA6S09.jpg:large
    I have not read the details,but I am sure it will mean a few jobs......also Lockheed made a deal to assemble 150 S-70 Blackhawks in S A.,and supply military equiptment. I guess we are on board with their proxy war in Yemen.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I think the first travel ban was hastily written and poorly executed. And he paid for it in political capital. The second one I think he did get right. There's nothing dangerous about it.

Heck from the beginning this whole thing was ill conceived and the first travel ban just reinforced this idea. As the buffoon kept stating he would intact a complete Muslim ban certainly makes it even worse. Rudi Giuliani said he was asked to help craft a legal Muslim ban. It doesn't even include the country that we've experienced our most issues with terrorists (Saudi Arabia). We haven't even experienced any issues to this point with terrorists since the early seventies from the countries on the current list. Heck the first one even included Iraq which is an allie which is currently helping us fight Isis. In effect it was just to show that Trump could deliver on his promise to put a Muslim ban in effect. As with most of his populist false promises it gives his followers an easy warm and fuzzy feeling which yield nothing more or place us all at a greater risk. In fact it actually gives the radicals more ammunition they can use to help create or enlist more followers. See the Americans hate Muslims. Well when the radicals are in truth a very small percentage it just serves to enrage more people.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    In fact it actually gives the radicals more ammunition they can use to help create or enlist more followers. See the Americans hate Muslims. Well when the radicals are in truth a very small percentage it just serves to enrage more people.

This might be one of the stupidest leftist notions that I've seen, and it gets repeated over and over.

"Only a small portion of them are radicals. Don't call them radicals or even more of them will become radical."

If you can't see how mind-numbingly stupid that is, I don't know what to say.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    This might be one of the stupidest leftist notions that I've seen, and it gets repeated over and over.

"Only a small portion of them are radicals. Don't call them radicals or even more of them will become radical."

If you can't see how mind-numbingly stupid that is, I don't know what to say.

Oh please, go back and hide your head in the sand.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Our own little Neville Chamberlain. Thats a bold strategy, Cotton.

Conspiracy theories and lies aren't anything but conspiracy theories and lies. They might make you feel good to hear them, but enventually you'll wake up and see what mess he's actually made. I'll bring coal back. LOL

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom