• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    That doesn't mean anything. It's not a rebutal. Do you think the left can go to far? Are there vivid examples of them going too far in this country now? If so, do you have any evidence that Joe is aware of it? Or if he's aware, does he acknowledge it? If he acknowleges it, has he proposed any solutions? Or is it toasters all the way down?

A series of questions that no one would answer. You think that is a worthwhile use of your time.

If you don't understand the Bayesian metaphor, just pass on it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A series of questions that no one would answer. You think that is a worthwhile use of your time.

If you don't understand the Bayesian metaphor, just pass on it.

:rolleyes: pretense isn't a substitute for an intelligent reply. Do better.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Is taking over part of a city, barring police and fire departments access, "taxing" businesses for protection from looting and arson, and keeping EMT's from getting to injured people going too far?
    Seems to me it is.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Truth, bro. I did a bunch of software work in the energy industry over the last 25 years. Venezuela is/was big in oil and gas. If you are calling me a liar, you may kindly defecate in your hat...

Everyone needs to take a break. No name calling/personal attacks.

If this keeps up, I will shut it down. First and ONLY in-thread warning. Walk away for a bit.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That Biden doesn’t have an original idea is only nits to desperate Biden supporters. Face it. Her not voting for Biden because of his grand ideas or pithy wit. It’s only because he ain’t Trump.

X2. I'm not voting for Biden. I'm voting against Trump.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    If an election like this one can't produce a viable 3rd party candidate, I fear we are doomed to our two party system FOREVER.:rolleyes:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    X2. I'm not voting for Biden. I'm voting against Trump.

I believe you.

Here's the problem, though: people that do that (on either side of the aisle) are already in the "decided" camp to the left or to the right. You're either going to the polls or you're not. Once there, the candidate for whom you vote is not in question. (I say "you", though, it largely applies to me*, too - so I could say "we".) The people in the middle - the "undecideds", the "moderates", the ones who change their vote from election to election - they simply don't vote against candidates. They only vote for candidates. Their positive votes have to be earned, or they just stay home.

Biden is not doing anything to earn any of those votes.

* (Holcomb R-vote excepted in 2020; Rainwater for Governor)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I believe you.

Here's the problem, though: people that do that (on either side of the aisle) are already in the "decided" camp to the left or to the right. You're either going to the polls or you're not. Once there, the candidate for whom you vote is not in question. (I say "you", though, it largely applies to me*, too - so I could say "we".) The people in the middle - the "undecideds", the "moderates", the ones who change their vote from election to election - they simply don't vote against candidates. They only vote for candidates. Their positive votes have to be earned, or they just stay home.

Biden is not doing anything to earn any of those votes.

* (Holcomb R-vote excepted in 2020; Rainwater for Governor)

TBH, Trump hasn't done anything to "win" my vote.

Actually I take that back, he's done good things, but IMHO, the bad things outweigh those... but there's no alternative.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    TBH, Trump hasn't done anything to "win" my vote.

Actually I take that back, he's done good things, but IMHO, the bad things outweigh those... but there's no alternative.

There are some for whom that is true, certainly,. And there appear to be many for whom Trump has done things - enough things, if not many things - to win their vote. And he is out on the campaign trail, advocating for their vote, and explaining why they should vote for him (as opposed to why they should vote against his opponent, except to contrast policy positions).

But, Biden? He's done nothing, is doing nothing (put a lid on it...), and proposes nothing to earn the vote from that same pool of people.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    There are some for whom that is true, certainly,. And there appear to be many for whom Trump has done things - enough things, if not many things - to win their vote. And he is out on the campaign trail, advocating for their vote, and explaining why they should vote for him (as opposed to why they should vote against his opponent, except to contrast policy positions).

But, Biden? He's done nothing, is doing nothing (put a lid on it...), and proposes nothing to earn the vote from that same pool of people.

He's not Trump. And for some, that's good enough to get a vote.

The corollary is that Trump's not Biden. And for some, that's good enough.

This is why I think ranking voting in the primaries is long overdue, but that's for another thread.

EDIT: And if I really believed that Biden would do nothing, then that might get my vote - a do nothing politician has its merits for the populace.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    He's not Trump. And for some, that's good enough to get a vote.

The corollary is that Trump's not Biden. And for some, that's good enough.

This is why I think ranking voting in the primaries is long overdue, but that's for another thread.

EDIT: And if I really believed that Biden would do nothing, then that might get my vote - a do nothing politician has its merits for the populace.

Already covered in my original comment. The "Not X" voters are in the left/right vote-already-decided camp. They either show up to vote, or don't; but when they do, their vote choice doesn't change.

(And bad news for Biden on that front: based on voter registration and early voting metrics, he is lagging far behind in enthusiasm among such voters.)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Personally, I can't see how any freedom loving American could vote for Biden and Harris. Be careful what you wish for.

Just like some other citizen can't wrap their heads around other Freedom Loving Americans voting for Trump/Pence. IMHO opinion, Trump is more apt to become a tyrant than Biden.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom