• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I may be in the minority here, but I kind of understand the context of what Biden was trying to say with this comment. I don't think it was racist and I don't think he was saying black women can only be shelf stockers.

Yes there is a double standard and if Trump had said this the media would try and crucify him. And his supporters, me included, would all sit back and say they were taking the comments out of context. In that vein, I will call out this criticism from conservative media for what it is, nonsense. IMHO it's gotcha media fake outrage, pure and simple.

Yeah, I get the idea that the leftist media set the rules and we're just playing by them, but that's what got is where we are today. There are plenty of legitimate things to criticize Biden for, this is not one of them. I would say the exact same thing about Trump.

I'm just so sick of the inconsistency and the hypocrisy. If we would defend "our guy" if the situation were reversed, we shouldn't attack the "other guy" for it. It's just so silly.

We tried 'we're better than that' numerous times, and it just does not work. To a certain extent we get the elections we deserve and I cannot fault conservatives for dropping the thesaurus and picking up a club if that is what it takes to make an impression on the electorate

You can't re-establish chivalry and fair play by falling on your sword, you have to win first and then set the rules to a more enlightened program. Sherman first, and then that establishes the maneuvering room for Grant to grant conditions of surrender that are less onerous

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    We tried 'we're better than that' numerous times, and it just does not work. To a certain extent we get the elections we deserve and I cannot fault conservatives for dropping the thesaurus and picking up a club if that is what it takes to make an impression on the electorate

You can't re-establish chivalry and fair play by falling on your sword, you have to win first and then set the rules to a more enlightened program. Sherman first, and then that establishes the maneuvering room for Grant to grant conditions of surrender that are less onerous
    Look at what happened to Romney. The most bland, milquetoast Republican in modern history. Harry Reid lied about his taxes. Biden said he to a black audience that Romeny was "gonna put y'all back in chains". The establishment Republicans had convinced themselves that it was better to be a nice guy and lose rather than actually fight for their voters. Watching your party get beat on, and roll over every time, only lasts for so long before you get someone like Trump who wants to fight back. And until you fight back your opponents don't take you seriously.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Look at what happened to Romney. The most bland, milquetoast Republican in modern history. Harry Reid lied about his taxes. Biden said he to a black audience that Romeny was "gonna put y'all back in chains". The establishment Republicans had convinced themselves that it was better to be a nice guy and lose rather than actually fight for their voters. Watching your party get beat on, and roll over every time, only lasts for so long before you get someone like Trump who wants to fight back. And until you fight back your opponents don't take you seriously.

You can fight back without being an ass about it. See: Ronald Reagan.
    I'm still voting for Trump - but a lot of folks aren't. Strictly because of his "bedside manner".

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Times change. The Reagan era was a hundred years ago

Why should Trump abandon those that are in the fight to halt the leftward slide just to please the ones who still haven't decided which side of the divide they're on and may never do so because being undecided somehow makes them feel morally superior

There are always people willing to hold your coat while you do the fighting

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Thanks, but I'm not letting man dictate my ethics or morality. In the final end, I doubt "got your favorite politician elected", earns one a crown.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I don't think my calling out the faux outrage about Biden's black lady stocking shelves comment has anything to with wanting to play fair, or be nice. I just don't think it's effective. There are plenty of bad policy positions and actual gaffes to hammer Biden on. No need to invent stuff.

One the whole, Trump supporters have completely tuned out the drive-by media due to fake news and breathlessly reporting on nonsense. By doing the same with Biden, conservative media runs the same risk.

Or maybe we're just too far gone and we should all just retreat to our respective corners and accept anything that confirms our biases and ignore anything that doesn't. I mean, we're almost there anyway.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    You can fight back without being an ass about it. See: Ronald Reagan.
    I'm still voting for Trump - but a lot of folks aren't. Strictly because of his "bedside manner".
    And during the Reagan era we had a population that was less divided along political lines, and better able to come together and discuss sensitive issues in a more mature manner. Now if you hold the wrong opinion, or held the wrong opinion a decade ago, people want you fired from your job, thrown out of your home, disavowed by your friend and family, and utterly destroyed.

In the face of that what options do people have?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks, but I'm not letting man dictate my ethics or morality. In the final end, I doubt "got your favorite politician elected", earns one a crown.

I think you do what you believe is right, informed by and in support of God's word. Do that and any crown should take care of itself

Consider Mattathias

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I don't think my calling out the faux outrage about Biden's black lady stocking shelves comment has anything to with wanting to play fair, or be nice. I just don't think it's effective. There are plenty of bad policy positions and actual gaffes to hammer Biden on. No need to invent stuff.

One the whole, Trump supporters have completely tuned out the drive-by media due to fake news and breathlessly reporting on nonsense. By doing the same with Biden, conservative media runs the same risk.

Or maybe we're just too far gone and we should all just retreat to our respective corners and accept anything that confirms our biases and ignore anything that doesn't. I mean, we're almost there anyway.

There's something to be said for loss of credibility when making petty, meritless attacks.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I may be in the minority here, but I kind of understand the context of what Biden was trying to say with this comment. I don't think it was racist and I don't think he was saying black women can only be shelf stockers.

Yes there is a double standard and if Trump had said this the media would try and crucify him. And his supporters, me included, would all sit back and say they were taking the comments out of context. In that vein, I will call out this criticism from conservative media for what it is, nonsense. IMHO it's gotcha media fake outrage, pure and simple.

Yeah, I get the idea that the leftist media set the rules and we're just playing by them, but that's what got is where we are today. There are plenty of legitimate things to criticize Biden for, this is not one of them. I would say the exact same thing about Trump.

I'm just so sick of the inconsistency and the hypocrisy. If we would defend "our guy" if the situation were reversed, we shouldn't attack the "other guy" for it. It's just so silly.

I don't think you're understanding the point of calling biden out on that.

Biden is running on a racial identitarian platform. He seeks to paint anyone who disagrees with him as racist.

The fact he would even think such a thing suggests he holds views that are incompatible with his declared platform, making him the last person in the world who should ever throw around the "racist" word.
    Not only that, it's consistent with his previous remarks which demonstrate actual racism at play in his reasoning.

For example, Trump is not running on racial identitarian principles, therefor he is free of the burden of having to live under the rules that would force him to follow.

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    QovAoKd.png

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I seriously did not take Biden's statement to say that Black women can only be shelf stockers. The clip by itself sounded to me like he could only think of that example, which is possibly kinda racist. But the clip by itself did not give the full context, so there is more to consider than the clip alone. Biden was talking about the role minorities played providing essential services. To me that sounds at least a little condescending. I'd like to live in a world where we're not obsessed about race all the time. Where thoughts about one's skin color are as casual as one might have encountering a person with freckles. I so want not to have to care about how many of race x did this great or evil thing. Race only matters to the extent that it's socially constructed and maintained to mean something.

So here's Joe Biden talking about ways a metaphoric Black woman served on the front lines. For **** sake, there are black doctors, nurses, of all races, in all kinds of positions, just doing their jobs, trying to navigate life like everyone else. I'd like us not to have to list every identity group whose individuals did something commendable, or even horrible. Give Anita Smith, who might happen to have dark skin, whatever accolades are deserved for enduring whatever had to be endured, doing an essential job. Races don't do those jobs or make those sacrifices. Individuals do. I guess we have to wait until society progresses far enough not to give a flying **** about such social constructs.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Text on the bottom of that webpage, very very small...

OUR PRIVACY POLICY IS THAT WE DON’T HAVE ONE. NOTHING YOU DO ON THIS SITE IS PRIVATE. WE WILL SELL YOUR DATA TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER OR GIVE IT AWAY FOR FREE FOR FUN. PROCEED WITH CAUTION. IF YOU’VE RECEIVED A TEXT MESSAGE FROM OUR SITE, IT’S BECAUSE WE’VE PURCHASED A LIST WITH YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION ON IT. YOU CAN OPT OUT BY EMAILING US AT SOROS@RIPTRUMP.ORG WITH THE PHONE NUMBER YOU’D LIKE REMOVED. WE WILL REMOVE IT WITHIN 4-6 BUSINESS WEEKS.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Adam Rahuba??? Yeah, he’s known for hoaxes to rile up right-wingers. Look him up.

Sorry, I'm not much of a twitter person and this isn't even the most absurd instance I've seen of gloating about committing fraud, so I wouldn't have imagined it was a hoax lol.

Here, have something enjoyable:
    [video=youtube;cgzBYFFYTD8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgzBYFFYTD8[/video]

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom