The 2022 MotorTrend Car of the Year is....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Was reading the article expecting to find a light weight electric car which allowed the fantastic range. Was more than surprised to find that it weighs more than my Jaguar F-Type and CRX-Si put together!!! Well over 5000 pound super tank!

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    The biggest issue with the Lucid Air isn’t that it is a large heavy luxury EV…its the $170k price tag for the (currently available) Dream Edition.

Being priced well north of a M5 CS or even Cayman GT4 RS means Air isn’t an enthusiast halo car, its a status symbol for wealthy people.

That said, it still is a technological advancement.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The biggest issue with the Lucid Air isn’t that it is a large heavy luxury EV…its the $170k price tag for the (currently available) Dream Edition.

Being priced well north of a M5 CS or even Cayman GT4 RS means Air isn’t an enthusiast halo car, its a status symbol for wealthy people.

That said, it still is a technological advancement.
    Possibly see a bleed down of the advanced tech into future Mr and Mrs every day car buyers.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Pretty sure they are the ones cutting up that yellow 55 Chevy that Hot Rod magazine spent 40 years refining. They are stripping the monster V8 and fitting a electric system to it. Sacrilege.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I remember Motor Trend naming that "great" Chevy Vega a car of the year. That one went well too.
    At least the Vega and the Alliant were cars that were actually in production and available to people nation wide. I have not even seen that sparky car in press releases. Motor Trend has proven themselves as completely out of touch.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Anybody remember these turds?

Damn, when I saw the title that is exactly what I thought about. Car of the Year! LOL.

I actually owned one after I got out of college. Got from my dad who had bought from my sister when she moved an didn't need car.

I was driving it one day and tried to adjust my winter coat so leaned back to get my hand under my ass and the front seat mounts broke! Turned drivers into a recliner. Not nice!

Not long after there was a recall on that. Wife took car to dealer to get repaired. Supposed to take an hour so she waits. As she is sitting there the dealership owner is led out by the service manager. Owner (the famous guy who did all the TV commercials) wanted to meet my wife because our Alliance had almost 90k miles on it. Owner and service manager were astounded since they had never seen one last more than 40k.

That thing was a POS. Sold it an bought an XR4Ti! Loved that car.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    Damn, when I saw the title that is exactly what I thought about. Car of the Year! LOL.

I actually owned one after I got out of college. Got from my dad who had bought from my sister when she moved an didn't need car.

I was driving it one day and tried to adjust my winter coat so leaned back to get my hand under my ass and the front seat mounts broke! Turned drivers into a recliner. Not nice!

Not long after there was a recall on that. Wife took car to dealer to get repaired. Supposed to take an hour so she waits. As she is sitting there the dealership owner is led out by the service manager. Owner (the famous guy who did all the TV commercials) wanted to meet my wife because our Alliance had almost 90k miles on it. Owner and service manager were astounded since they had never seen one last more than 40k.

That thing was a POS. Sold it an bought an XR4Ti! Loved that car.
    I had an Alliance in high school. It was my Dad's before I got it. For a few years my Dad had a company car, and he let one of the sales guys use the Alliance. When I took it to Wrecks that thing had over 200K. While I had it, the Alliance cost me around $5K to keep it running. Some of that various issues that were left over from when Dad wrecked it and had it repaired.

It wasn't an awful car, but it wasn't great. It was a decent car to learn stick on though.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I had an Alliance in high school. It was my Dad's before I got it. For a few years my Dad had a company car, and he let one of the sales guys use the Alliance. When I took it to Wrecks that thing had over 200K. While I had it, the Alliance cost me around $5K to keep it running. Some of that various issues that were left over from when Dad wrecked it and had it repaired.

It wasn't an awful car, but it wasn't great. It was a decent car to learn stick on though.
    You and I may have had the two longest running engines in those things. Miracle they ran that long.

Top Bottom