• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • heatman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    Sheridan
    Last weekend at Cabelas in Noblesville they had the golden 1400 buckets for $69 and 325 Automatch for $24. Dick's in Carmel on Friday had several golden brick for $27 I think it was and a couple other type. Didn't need any so didn't look that closely.

Just a thought. Any of you on Facebook know they have been shutting down most gun pages. This was a big outlet for the gougers to resell their 22lr. With limited access to buyers now may have slowed them down? Not seeing much on arms list.

timeforchili

Plinker
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bumping this thread to see if you guys see the same trend. I've been to two dicks sports this week and have seen plenty of bricks for around 50$. A month ago the shelves were bare. My local gun shop now has plenty in stock at premium prices. I don't think we're going to get bricks for cheaper than a twelve pack again any time soon but it appears this phenomenon may be coming to an end.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    We're likely to see the cheapest .22LR in years soon. When all these flippers start to panic and flood the market, prices will crash. Just like ARs.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I saw 5 buckets last week at Gander in castleton. No price posted so I couldnt tell you, but yes I am seeing it at least on the shelves most* places.

*I am positive Walmart either got tired of the BS and quit ordering it, or every. last. store. has a flipper behind the counter buying what comes in before it hits the shelf. (Which I doubt)

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    We're likely to see the cheapest .22LR in years soon. When all these flippers start to panic and flood the market, prices will crash. Just like ARs.

We may continue to see a gradual reduction in price like what has been happening, but I doubt we will see a crash. Unlike ARs, ammunition is consumable.

goldtrigger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Morgan county
    I was at Dicks in Bloomington last Friday, and noticed they had plenty.
    Also, there was plenty at the 1500. A bit overpriced, but nice to see it there.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Side bet with coworker on where prices for bricks will stabilize. I'm betting under $30; he says no way.

I reminded him that nobody in 2008 could ever imagine $2/gal gas again..

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Just a bump to point out I'm seeing $35 bricks of good quality ammo online.

My prediction that we will someday get under $30 again seems tenable.

What's reassuring to me is that .22LR is everywhere now-- even Wal Mart. Most online vendors have very good supply.

Both a very reassuring for the possibility of price drops.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I still don't see it on the shelves, but it's gotten to the point where I can always buy what I want, at a price I can live with. We have 4 different guns that shoot 22LR, but they don't all like the same ammo. There are two brands I like to stock and it's finally back to where I can get both whenever I feel like ordering them.

Dundee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    West Lafayette
    I still don't see it on the shelves, but it's gotten to the point where I can always buy what I want, at a price I can live with. We have 4 different guns that shoot 22LR, but they don't all like the same ammo. There are two brands I like to stock and it's finally back to where I can get both whenever I feel like ordering them.

what are the 2 brands you like?

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Not sure about Broom_jm, but I tried Geco and Aguila because they seem easiest to find.

To my surprise, they are both pretty good ammo. Great ammo at a great price.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    what are the 2 brands you like?

The two specific brand/makes of 22 ammo my rifles and pistols like are Federal Champion and CCI Mini-Mag. I know the Federal isn't highly thought of, but it's absolutely lights out in my bolt-action 22. Years ago, I tested 8 different brands of common, readily available 22 ammo and found the Champion make to be very consistent in my rifle. It delivered 10-shot groups under an inch at 50 yards. The squirrels in the woods by my house hate the stuff! :)

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    The Walmart in Clinton has primers and powder. Although powder is just starting to show back up there. The lady who used to work behind the counter was a competitive shooter. You could buy a complete rcbs Rockchucker setup plus dies. And it's actually the last place I found .22. 1k rounds of m-22 for $50.

What's the verdict on M-22 ammo? Is it just cheap plinking or is it pretty good ammo?
    I picked up 2000 rounds at Walmart.

85Cosmo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 18, 2016
    West Lafayette
    I actually like the M-22, found it to work reliability in all of my semi auto pistols and rifles. Much cleaner than thunderbolt & golden bullet, and I think better than the Federal Match which I have had problems with.

Top Bottom