• ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Gun laws in Aurora, pertaining the theater shooting:

Aurora has a municipal ordinance which makes it illegal to carry into a premises that is posted "no guns." In other words, the city gave private signage the force of law. Cinemark theaters has had a no guns policy for some time, and has asked law-abiding citizens to leave for exercising their natural and Constitutional right to armed self-defense.

Sec. 94-152. - Firearms on private property.

(a) It shall be unlawful for any person, carrying a firearm, to enter or remain upon any private property of another or any building or property of a commercial establishment when such property, building, or establishment is posted with notification that the carrying of firearms is prohibited.

(b) It shall be unlawful for any person, carrying a firearm, to remain upon any private property of another or any building or property of a commercial establishment after such person has been given verbal notice that the carrying of firearms is prohibited on such property, building, or establishment.

(c) Possession of a permit issued pursuant to C.R.S. 18-12-105.1, as it existed prior to repeal, or possession of a permit or temporary emergency permit issued pursuant to pt. 2 of art. 18 of tit. 9 of the Colorado Revised Statutes shall be no defense to a violation of this section.

Cinemark Theaters anti-gun policy:
    Cinemark Theaters' No Firearms Policy

Aurora gun ordinance enacted July 10, 2010:
    New Aurora gun ordinance

Municode

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012

Aurora has a municipal ordinance which makes it illegal to carry into a premises that is posted "no guns." In other words, the city gave private signage the force of law. Cinemark theaters has had a no guns policy for some time, and has asked law-abiding citizens to leave for exercising their natural and Constitutional right to armed self-defense.

New Aurora gun ordinance

Municode

Demonstrating yet again that gun free zones are dangerous and sometimes deadly.

I do my best to ensure I am never in an area free of firearms.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Well at least it's nice to know that their policy of no guns is keeping everyone safe. I can't believe nobody tackled this guy. He was reloading and nobody tried to stop him????

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Since the theater shooter disregarded the fact that murder is illegal, I can confidently say that the no firearm signs didn't mean a thing to him either.

On the other hand, thanks for the article about a firearm being used for protection! The grabbers obviously don't care about people being murdered, just that a firearm did the job, and the fact that firearms are used more often for protection, they don't want the sheep to know it.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    This story will only embolden those who believe only LEO should have guns...

If you listen carefully between :30 and :35, you'll hear that it was an "off-duty officer" involved in the shooting...it seems this officer was the one who stopped the shooting...this is confirmed in the linked story.

As an officer, he would've been exempt from compliance with any signage:
    Sec. 94-148. - Affirmative defense for peace officers.
    hyperlink.png

It shall be an affirmative defense to any provision of this division that the act was committed by a peace officer, as defined by state statute, Colorado Municipal Court Rules, or city ordinance; a member of the armed forces of the United States or a member of the state national guard, acting in the lawful discharge of his or her duties; or by a person who has a valid permit, license, or authority pursuant to the federal code.​

Last edited:

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I lived in the Aurora area for several years in the late 70s and early 80s. The whole Denver metropolitan area was becoming and has became so liberal and politically correct, I got the hell out and came back to Indiana.

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    Isnt there an older story where a private citizen who carried and was part of the church volunteer security force stopped a shooter? It might have been colorado as well but my memory is fuzzy.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Isnt there an older story where a private citizen who carried and was part of the church volunteer security force stopped a shooter? It might have been colorado as well but my memory is fuzzy.

Jeanne Assam. The media spun it as "volunteer security force" and were quick to point out that she was a former Baltimore(?) police officer, but the fact is she was a parishoner who was prepared.

Good memory. And it was in Colorado Springs, about 2007, if I recall correctly.

Blessings,
    Bill

CitizenX

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Tippecanoe
    I never could understand how passing a law to make something illegal ever actually kept a criminal from doing it. Gun Control is the criminal's tactical advantage. The whole concept is just illogical.
    Anyone that thinks that a law keeps someone from doing something bad is a fool... the only thing a law does is give a means to punish someone AFTER they broke it.

I'd like to think the good guys severely outnumber the bad guys, but I think they are trying to change that and sheeple politicians are helping them. JMO

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    As others have said before, the whole concept of "Pre-emptive law" is dangerous, because the lawmakers never have learned to deal with the one immutable Law: "The Law of Unintended Consequences". Of course, creating laws that have problems associated with them means more laws to "fix" the problems, ad nauseum ad infinitum.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Since the theater shooter disregarded the fact that murder is illegal, I can confidently say that the no firearm signs didn't mean a thing to him either.
    He is due in court on Monday, perhaps it will be one of the counts, and depending upon the plea, we'll see if the signage on every door issue gets raised by his lawyer.

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality

New Aurora gun ordinance

Municode

It would be interesting to see an endangerment lawsuit spring up over this - against Cinemark

Top Bottom