• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I too am a lefty. My favorite 9mm is the Browning HiPower. It doesn't have an ambidextrous mag release, but with a little practice you can get pretty good at ejecting the mag with your index finger. That's what I did.

The Beretta 92FS has a reversible mag release, and it's a very simple procedure to reverse it. And MecGar makes 18-round flush fit mags.

Last edited:

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    I too am a lefty. My favorite 9mm is the Browning HiPower. It doesn't have an ambidextrous mag release, but with a little practice you can get ptetty good at ejecting the mag with your index finger. That's what I did.

The Beretta 92FS has a reversible mag release, and it's a very simple procedure to reverse it. And MecGar makes 18-round flush fit mags.

I don't really have an issue with the mag release being right handed, but I'm a little frustrated that all of the models I have liked and owned haven't had them for lefty. What about the lefties? Throw us a bone!!

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    FN pistols are generally lefty-friendly and very good.

I think certain models of the EAA Witness Elite have ambi controls and a reversible mag release. I think this is also true for some of the nicer CZ 75 variants - I particularly like the SA variants of these two options. Make sure you get mags that will work with a reversed mag release.

Finally, I would look at the STI GP6 or GP6C.

Last edited:

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    I, too, am one of those freakish southpaws. When searching, I've found many recommendations for the Beretta 92FS as a lefty friendly option. Ambi safety, lefty possible mag release. I may have to add one to my little collection. Meanwhile, I have an M&P 9mm, and continue to purchase ambi safeties for my 1911s. I've also learned to manipulate the mag release with my social finger.

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    first of all, great guns mentioned above, but you can buy 5 hi points and plenty of ammo, and just throw them at the zombies when you run out of ammo...much like the mosins if you were looking for a rifle...hahahahaha

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Is this your first handgun? If so that $1000 will be eaten in a quick hurry, If you love the XDm then get one, by the time you buy a holster a couple of mags, ammo, a cleaning kit, a laser, more ammo, zombie targets, more ammo, your budget will be used up, but you will have a silly grin plastered on your face.

ms9007

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    I just picked up my new Zastava Ez9, havent fired it yet but it feels great in my hand, it is for leftys too....check out the review of it at youtube.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I've owned most of the full size 9mm semi auto's, if I had to pick "my" favorite out of the bunch it would be the Glock G17, with the Beretta 92 being second. I will say though that I handled a S&W M&P 9mm yesturday which my girlfriend fell in love with! Anyways, I handled it also and it felt pretty good. That means a lot coming from me because I am anti S&W semi auto! I would still go with a G17 though personally, and the mag release is ambi changeable on the Gen4 models. The Glock and M&P hold 17 rounds, Beretta 92FS holds 15, Springfield XDM 9mm holds 19. Those are with factory mags. Good luck and any of the pistols that have been recommended are great guns! Best thing you can do is stop by a shop that stocks most of them and see which one is comfortable for you, I like them all but it took my GF 2 months to find one she felt comfortable holding! Good luck and happy shopping. :)

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Ok, my heart is set on a XDM 9mm in OD and Stainless. This is a very awesome gun and I have had the pleasure to shoot it as well. Here's the dilemma, I have a budget of $1,000 taxes and all to purchase a handgun. I love the XDM, but is there anyone who can convince me of a better 9mm for $1,000 or less?

A few key notes...

I am a lefty, so at least a ambidextrous mag release has to be standard.
    I am not a 1911 kind of guy.
    I want a FULL size pistol.
    High capacity mags are a +!!! (XDM 19 + 1)

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!!:horse:
    A CZ-85 for less than $400 cause it's not a 1911, but you can still carry it cock-n-lock, 15+1 & it's ambidextrous but if you want to spend more money & not have a frame mounted safety, then get a WALTHER P-88 15+1

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    A Beretta 92 variant

5601085645_7563dda220_z.jpg

yotebutcher90

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    West Lafayette
    Is this your first handgun? If so that $1000 will be eaten in a quick hurry, If you love the XDm then get one, by the time you buy a holster a couple of mags, ammo, a cleaning kit, a laser, more ammo, zombie targets, more ammo, your budget will be used up, but you will have a silly grin plastered on your face.

The silly grin is a MUST!!! :D:draw:

Top Bottom