• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    Now some real entertainment _The Best Egyptian Photos - and ...

Some say that it's political ... others say that it's a food riot .. not there is not any food just that the cost is to high .
    Thanks
    Duncan

The Egypt Protests >> TotallyCoolPix

Like that album says :

They Only Come out at Night
    51C11EYQHAL._SS500_.jpg

egypte_88.jpg

Last edited:

M1 carbine dad

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    Danville
    Thanks Egypt for giving us a taste of what it's going to be like here when the SHTF....or as my peeps and I call it: Shiitake (so we can say it in front of the kids)

When the food riots start here after the gov't devalues the dollar to the point that nothing is worth anything.

We may not be there today, tomorrow or in the next 5 years, but we are on our way. There are forces at work devaluing our currency and once they're done, all hell is gonna break loose.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Those were good pics. Of course, all the guys in black are gone now. They were driven off by the protesters and they're hiding in their barracks.

While food does play a role in this uprising, it's just a minor part. The people are really fired up and want freedom. They know they'll get bread, when that comes, because jobs will flow from it, too.
    I liked this movie I ran across. It sums up things quite well.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThvBJMzmSZI]YouTube - The Most AMAZING video on the internet #Egypt #jan25[/ame]

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Those were good pics. Of course, all the guys in black are gone now. They were driven off by the protesters and they're hiding in their barracks.

While food does play a role in this uprising, it's just a minor part. The people are really fired up and want freedom. They know they'll get bread, when that comes, because jobs will flow from it, too.
    I liked this movie I ran across. It sums up things quite well.

YouTube - The Most AMAZING video on the internet #Egypt #jan25

Interesting quote:
    "WE WILL NOT BE SILENCED, WHETHER YOU'RE A CHRISTIAN, WHETHER YOU'RE A MUSLIM, WHETHER YOU'RE AN ATHEIST, YOU WILL DEMAND OUR ******* RIGHTS, AND WE WILL HAVE OUR RIGHTS, ONE WAY OR THE OTHER! WE WILL NEVER BE SILENCED!"

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    Interesting quote:
    "WE WILL NOT BE SILENCED, WHETHER YOU'RE A CHRISTIAN, WHETHER YOU'RE A MUSLIM, WHETHER YOU'RE AN ATHEIST, YOU WILL DEMAND OUR ******* RIGHTS, AND WE WILL HAVE OUR RIGHTS, ONE WAY OR THE OTHER! WE WILL NEVER BE SILENCED!"
    I thought the same thing. Seems, contrary to some people's beliefs here, Arabs are human too. Who'd a thunk it. :rolleyes:
    Quote from JFK was fitting too.

Definitely an interesting situation regardless.

Sidenote: I am too young to understand the OP's pic, but I am jealous of the chops. Is it sad that's what I noticed first?

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    I thought the same thing. Seems, contrary to some people's beliefs here, Arabs are human too. Who'd a thunk it. :rolleyes:

Sidenote: I am too young to understand the OP's pic, but I am jealous of the chops. Is it sad that's what I noticed first?

It's a play on words .. some what showing my age ... Edgar Winter was big when I was a kid .
    They only come out at night can be taken a few different ways ... two things that " Only come out at night " are vampires , cockroaches and sometimes looters ... therefore the correlation .

I also assume that because he and his brother are albino he was making a joke about perhaps looking like vampire or having trouble in the sun with perhaps getting a sunburn easily - just my guess .

I was just trying to put some dark humor into the post Oh yeah one of his hits seem to reflect the protesters .

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWpND8GhBuU]YouTube - FREE RIDE - Edgar Winter Group[/ame]

All over the country, I'm seeing the same
    Nobody's winning, at this kind of game
    We gotta do better, it's time to begin
    You know all the answers
    Must come from within

So, come on and take a free ride (free ride)
    Come on and take it by my side
    Come on and take a free ride​

220px-EdgarWinter06.jpg

Last edited:

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    It's a play on words .. some what showing my age ... Edgar Winter was big when I was a kid .
    They only come out at night can be taken a few different ways ... two things that " Only come out at night " are vampires , cockroaches and sometimes looters ... therefore the correlation .
    I took it to mean cross dressers when I looked at the pic some more tbh.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Two initial thoughts:
    1. I want one of those green riot vans.
    2. Their protesters dress far better than our protesters. WTF, was this riot sponsored by the GAP and J Crew?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

yeah as long as you oblige their right to kill you then yeah, I guess they arent that bad :rolleyes:

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    Forgive me, but I dont see much of a difference between "moderate" and "extremist" Christianity/Hindusim/Buddhism/insert-anything-else-that-isn't-my-perspective-here.
    Fixed for you I believe?

no racist statement from me.
    Thats why I was clarifying. Wouldn't want to assume something about someone because of a misunderstanding.

GPD177

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    Please spare me the self rightous smug superiority. Get out a ledger sheet and list all the extremist activity by Islam on one side and then do the same for Christianity/Hinduism/Buddism and what ever else you want to include. It pales in comparison to the evil that has been perpetrated by the muslims. To believe or say other wise is to willfully walk around with your head shoved up ur arse. Feel free to believe however you want, but please dont peddle that load of crap to me, I know better.

mojo2530

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Cedar Lake
    muslim extremists may be more well known in this era but for hundreds of years millions of people have been tortured and murdered in the name of a god or religion. no one occurance is any better or worse than another! but i would imagine that if it were possible to add up the extreme acts of violence by groups of other faiths in different time periods that the acts of current muslim extremists would "pale in comparision".

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom