• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    My knowledge in the world of knives is very limited compared to my firearm knowledge. I am looking for a top of the line Kukri knife and would like the opinions of those with more knowledge than me. I've seen the CS San Mai III Kukri video and it seems impressive. Is this the best, or are there others out there just as durable without being quite as salty price wise?? Thank you for your information!

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    The hand made stuff from the Himalayan's are going to blow away any mass produced one from Cold Steel, Ka Bar, etc... Check out himalayan-imports.com, khukurihouseonline.com, and some of the others.

andrew

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Where the fur traders sang
    Yes, if you have the money, I would say go for a HI Kukri (Himalayan Imports). While I have never personally used one, they are very highly spoken of.

If the price is too steep, I second Ka-Bar's kukri. Also, you might want to look into a Machax (Machete-axe) the BK4. It is apart of the Becker line of knives made by Ka-Bar. Here is a link to a thread on INGO about it: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...a_bar_bk_and_t_bk4_becker_machax_chopper.html.

whocares

Shooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Nov 9, 2010
    Clarksville, IN.
    I figured this would be one of those threads in which obviously the brand I have already invested my money in is the best. Now having said that, I got turned on to the idea of the Kukri style machete when I was looking at knives at a local ffl and the Cold Steel inventory on display caught my interest. I live on 11 acres backed by a large creek and am constantly cleaning up brush and limbs. I had been using $8 machetes and a real nice Fiskars hatchet along with my two Stihl chainsaws. I decided to purchase a better quality machette to use.

I ended up going with the Kabar Becker Machax. I like the knife alot but it does not replace my need for the Fiskars hatchet. I liked the blade style a bit more and it seems more thought out than a standard Kukri in terms of balance. I would buy it again. I dont know about the Himalayan imports but do know that Kabar and Cold Steel offer life time warranties and use tool steel for their better choppers.

Regardless what you get once its yours it will most likely be your prefered kukri.

drbarnes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Kokomo
    Himilayan Imports is the only name you need to think of khukris.

5616f48b.jpg

ad0b8ff2.jpg

5a925dc2.jpg

265b59bb.jpg

af86db99.jpg

My sargent Khadka made bonecutter is a beast.

DSCF0808.jpg

I rehandled one:
    97890290.jpg

INFI khukri isnt bad either

IMG_1847.jpg

IMG_1838.jpg

My

drbarnes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Kokomo
    thanks, check out their forum on bladeforums, they have a deal of the day - which has gotten me 3 of my 4 HI khuks for great prices.

Top Bottom