• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The crappies are likely feeding like crazy now, in the super stained water, underneath the 20-30mph winds. :rolleyes:

Full moon is next week, likely be very active if the weather lets us take advantage. :dunno:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Hubby came home with 9 fish today...mostly bluegills, but there were two NICE crappies in the batch. This was the bigger of the two at just under a foot long. The other was about 10 inches.

c631b20d-a70f-4441-addb-bde1e35626a5.jpg

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Hubby came home with 9 fish today...mostly bluegills, but there were two NICE crappies in the batch. This was the bigger of the two at just under a foot long. The other was about 10 inches.

c631b20d-a70f-4441-addb-bde1e35626a5.jpg

There are many things in the wild that make my heart race...a gobble from a very nearby bird, the sound of hooves on the leaves as I sit perched in a blind, or a tree, and the sight of a 12" plus crappie coming out of the water! Oh MY, I just love slab crappie!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    There are many things in the wild that make my heart race...a gobble from a very nearby bird, the sound of hooves on the leaves as I sit perched in a blind, or a tree, and the sight of a 12" plus crappie coming out of the water! Oh MY, I just love slab crappie!

I have been gobbled at on a daily basis lately. It seems like every time I try to go out my back door, he is out in the back yard calling his ladies in to the corn piles. He is actually walking back into the orchard as I type this.

Hubby said nothing was hitting in the shallow water today. He was in about 20' and was fishing about 10' deep when he got these today.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I have been gobbled at on a daily basis lately. It seems like every time I try to go out my back door, he is out in the back yard calling his ladies in to the corn piles. He is actually walking back into the orchard as I type this.

Hubby said nothing was hitting in the shallow water today. He was in about 20' and was fishing about 10' deep when he got these today.

You and your hubby just rock!

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    You and your hubby just rock!

We have a good life and enjoy everything about nature and where we live. I could never live in town. I like not seeing neighboring houses or people when I look out my window. Looking out and seeing the deer eating my flowers is perfectly okay with me. Our herd was down significantly a couple of years ago and what we were seeing were all small. The herd is starting to look healthy again with some nice sized does producing twins. I know my regulars by their scars and markings and see most on a daily basis. The turkeys were down too, but now I have a couple of nice toms and a half dozen hens that come to visit daily.

I hope it warms up soon. I look forward to doing more fishing too.

Top Bottom