• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dleak

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    floyd county
    ok , so I'm apparently no "einstein"... i got it in my head to assemble on of those "ar15" pistols ... I acquired a SIG brace with tube/spring/buffer ... have a lower & LPK on the way .... both of my previous "builds" have ended up , well, shall we say "NOT" as i intended at the "concept" stage ... gonna () do it right this time !!!
    comments , observations , & suggestions PLEASE ...!!!! my plan : im leaning toward 5.56 , mainly because my others are 5.56 ... ammo mags .... 1 caliber ... I'm thinking 10"-11.5" , 7.5" just seems TOO short ... flat top ... EOTECH 512 when i can afford ... with flip up buis mounted on top ... 45* looks neat , have to try some 1st ... probly single point sling mounted at end cap ... QD or paraclip ?... sling on rifle is QD , so leaning that way for interchangeability ... please feel free to point out my ignorance

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Not entirely sure what you're asking, but my understanding is that in 5.56, 10" is about the shortest you want to go, with 11.5-12" being ideal (for pistol or SBR). Apparently the concussion and muzzle blast on anything shorter is absolutely absurd, and the length doesn't do the caliber justice. I don't have personal experience, but I did research it a lot for a potential build before deciding on something else.

As far as slings, it's whatever you want. That being said, QD seems to be the way of the future.

Reagan40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    too far from nature
    I have a 10" on my AR pistol. I would not go shorter. For a pistol, I doubt I would go longer either if I were to do it again. It is louder than a 16" and you will get a good bit of muzzle flash. I haven't shot mine in a while, but is is a blast to shoot.

masterdekoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Columbus
    Really think 300 blk is the way to go in a shorter barrel too. Full power out of a 9" barrel, and good ballistics. Plus if you suppress, it is really quiet.

dleak

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    floyd county
    thanks for the input guys :) really wasn't wanting to add another caliber , but it sounds like i need to research this 300 ... mostly going for something small light & fun , unless of course SHTF ...

Top Bottom