The Constitution Is Just A Piece of Paper!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdwhitak

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    The Constitution is just a piece of paper. It cannot enforce itself. It is up to the citizens of this country to preserve and protect the Constitution.

Every government that has existed or will exist has and will tend towards tyranny. The only way to turn the tide towards freedom and liberty is for the people to refuse it at every turn and the people who support it. Politicians and bureaucrats want to control your life. They are not going to realize the errors of their ways. The United State government has not abided by the Constitution in well over 100 years. People began to think of ways to subvert before the ink was dry.

Furthermore, I think some of the members here have a little too much respect for the law. Your respect for the law will be used against you.

Discuss!

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    How so? One must have a general knowledge and respect for the law for one to understand the laws. Thus being said, if neither is present then ignorance takes presidencie. With ignorance to the laws one can not protect ones interests. Even if one has some discontent towards some laws. It would be foolish to not respect the laws of the land as longs as they do not infringe upon the core principles of the constitution.

So what laws specifically do you wish to discuss?

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    "For laws to be respected, they must first be respectable." - Frederic Bastiat
    "Government has no other end, but the preservation of Property." - John Locke

jdwhitak

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    It would be foolish to not respect the laws of the land as longs as they do not infringe upon the core principles of the constitution.

You're kind of making my point for me! Is an unjust law just because it happens to be the law? For example, if the government outlawed all civilian ownership of firearms tomorrow how many of you would comply? I'll wager that after all of the talk about how "our rights are being taken away" many, if not all, would comply because it's the law. In that sense the government can and will pass any law it wishes and gain your compliance.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    You're kind of making my point for me! Is an unjust law just because it happens to be the law? For example, if the government outlawed all civilian ownership of firearms tomorrow how many of you would comply? I'll wager that after all of the talk about how "our rights are being taken away" many, if not all, would comply because it's the law. In that sense the government can and will pass any law it wishes and gain your compliance.

I think you severely misunderstand us. Most of us have no firearms to give up because we lost them in an underwater basket weaving boat race accident.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012

I think this is a topic that has and will continue to be discussed. The truth is some will comply some will not. The outcome of repealing the second would only be known by repealing it...the only way to know for certain.:twocents:

I personally do not comply with seatbelt laws.. that is all i have to say on this matter..

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    I think you severely misunderstand us. Most of us have no firearms to give up because we lost them in an underwater basket weaving boat race accident.

Yeap thats right.. we just talk hypothetically ehat we would buy or talk about what we used to have.. and do alot of photoshoping to make it look like we have guns :rockwoot:

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    The Constitution is just a piece of paper. It cannot enforce itself. It is up to the citizens of this country to preserve and protect the Constitution.

Every government that has existed or will exist has and will tend towards tyranny. The only way to turn the tide towards freedom and liberty is for the people to refuse it at every turn and the people who support it. Politicians and bureaucrats want to control your life. They are not going to realize the errors of their ways. The United State government has not abided by the Constitution in well over 100 years. People began to think of ways to subvert before the ink was dry.

Furthermore, I think some of the members here have a little too much respect for the law. Your respect for the law will be used against you.

Discuss!
    Little argument that many things have changed since 1787 and people keep bringing up a lot of "what if," but what specifically has/is the government doing that has been ruled as unconstitutional?

Top Bottom