The country should be in a panic,over QE3.Bloomberg.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

“It should not surprise anybody, but it is still astounding. To me, it is so astounding that it does not collapse the markets. [Bernanke] said, ‘We are in very big trouble. We are going to do something unprecedented and we believe it will not hurt the dollar.’ And yet the stocks, they say ‘we love this stuff.’ But the dollar didn’t do so well today and the real value of the dollar is measured against gold, and gold skyrocketed from its very low to its highest. It means we are weakening the dollar. We are trying to liquidate our debt through inflation. The consequence of what the Fed is doing is a lot more than just CPI. It has to do with malinvestment and people doing the wrong things at the wrong time. Believe me, there is plenty of that. The one thing that Bernanke has not achieved and it frustrates him, I can tell—is he gets no economic growth. He doesn’t do anything with the unemployment numbers. I think the country should have panicked over what the Fed is saying that we have lost control and the only thing we have left is massively creating new money out of thin air, which has not worked before, and is not going to work this time.”

Ron Paul: We're Creating New Money Out of Thin Air: Video - Bloomberg

9/13/2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOOnXPM12T4

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Abolish the FED!NOW!!!!!!!! Can we please stop printing money, for the love of God! I don't know if I will be able to drive to work if the new normal is $ 4.75 a gallon due to QE 3 or whatever it is. The value of our currency is worthless now, what are they trying for? Negative numbers? Stop borrowing, stop printing, stop all the bailouts and let the system recalibrate itself and let capitalism do what it does best, make money!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    This is just another testament to the failed economic policies of this president.

ORLY?

And here i thought every president since the Fed Reserve was created had something to do with it. Thanks for telling us how no other president is responsible at all, its all Obamas fault.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    ORLY?

And here i thought every president since the Fed Reserve was created had something to do with it. Thanks for telling us how no other president is responsible at all, its all Obamas fault.

Actually,you are both wrong.The president(s)have absolutly nothing to do with,nor any elected official for that matter.

The president gets to "appoint" the head of the Federal Reserve....kind of.
    See the head of the Federal Reserve is ELECTED by a vote.The 12 sitting presidents of the regional federal reserve branches vote(actually 13 because the New York Fed gets two votes).

The confusion comes in from the banking act of 1935.As stipulated by the Banking Act of 1935, the President appoints the seven members of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System; they must then be confirmed by the Senate and serve for 14 years.[2 Once appointed, Governors may not be removed from office for their policy opinions. The chairman and vice-chairman are chosen by the President from among the sitting Governors for four-year terms; these appointments are also subject to Senate confirmation.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chairman_of_the_Federal_Reserve#cite_note-2 By law, the chairman reports twice a year to Congress on the Federal Reserve's monetary policy objectives. He also testifies before Congress on numerous other issues and meets periodically with the Secretary of the Treasury.

The Federal Reserve has the Federal Reserve act.The attempt to grab power by the federal government with the banking act has been a total failure.Why? Because it has not worked in the slightest.The president has approved of and appointed the elected official in every single instance but one.So the head of the federal reserve is voted on,then given a rubber stamp appointment by the sitting president.The one president who did not approve of the elected Fed president was JFK,and he refused to appoint the elected head of the fed,instead he signed executive order 11110 allowing the US treasury to print silver certificates(US dollars)again,which they did.Outside of the control of the Federal Reserve.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WylJOkTTdqM

The point is.The president has 0 say in monetary policy.NONE.Not any more,and the last president that tried was assassinated.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    or they could grow some balls and try like Kennedy to revert to constitutional currency...

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    ^not gonna happen.... The Fed knows exactly what they are doing. They have been rigging the game for 100 years here in the US, and the same families were doingit for 200 years before that in Europe.

jfw46544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hot Springs Village, AR
    ORLY?

If Obama had not failed the country so badly in the financial world, such as the stimulus package, there would not be a need for QE3. Yes, I feel it is his fault.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

“It should not surprise anybody, but it is still astounding. To me, it is so astounding that it does not collapse the markets. [Bernanke] said, ‘We are in very big trouble. We are going to do something unprecedented and we believe it will not hurt the dollar.’ And yet the stocks, they say ‘we love this stuff.’ But the dollar didn’t do so well today and the real value of the dollar is measured against gold, and gold skyrocketed from its very low to its highest. It means we are weakening the dollar. We are trying to liquidate our debt through inflation. The consequence of what the Fed is doing is a lot more than just CPI. It has to do with malinvestment and people doing the wrong things at the wrong time. Believe me, there is plenty of that. The one thing that Bernanke has not achieved and it frustrates him, I can tell—is he gets no economic growth. He doesn’t do anything with the unemployment numbers. I think the country should have panicked over what the Fed is saying that we have lost control and the only thing we have left is massively creating new money out of thin air, which has not worked before, and is not going to work this time.”

Ron Paul: We're Creating New Money Out of Thin Air: Video - Bloomberg

9/13/2012
    Such an opinion presupposes a public intelligent enough and/or educated enough to understand why what the FED is doing is wrong in the first place. Most people can't make a dollar with four quarters, let alone understand monetary policy, currency valuation, inflation, and the like.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Such an opinion presupposes a public intelligent enough and/or educated enough to understand why what the FED is doing is wrong in the first place. Most people can't make a dollar with four quarters, let alone understand monetary policy, currency valuation, inflation, and the like.

I hope you are wrong.

I am also positive they will soon wake up to $4.50 gasoline and $4.00 bread.I really hope you are wrong,if not the left will blame the right and the right will blame the left and the fed sitting in the middle will just smile and rake in some more chips for the to big to fail banks.

It is not the economy,or the debt,or the wars,or entitlements,or student loans,or housing.The problems we are currently having all fall on one private institution.The Federal Reserve.

The sooner people realize that,the sooner the problem can be fixed.Sadly I think the media and left/right distraction will lead to a collapse before enough people are shaken awake by inflation and loss of net worth/wealth to make any difference.

I have done my best to educate people.My best.A few have listened,most have not.People will ask when gas hits $5.00 and bread $10.00 and unemployment continues to rise,housing still falling and the debt adding over a trillion per year how could this happen? How could America have fallen so far? They will probably still be blaming the other party,politicians,a new war,or weather.

What else can I do or say?

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I am never wrong. :D

Okay, that was just fun to say.

You can lead a horse to water.....you know the rest.

Me...well I am trying to explain to the horse that we are going through the desert,and the next stop for water is a long way off.

How many millions of families will be devastated,torn apart,dislocated,and left in financial ruin? My goal is simply to help as many as I can see the light,and to prepare.Not only prepare to live,but to thrive.Stock up on the things you use,prepare to be unemployed(no debt),and invest the wealth you do have in hard assets like land,precious metals,and skills that will serve you well.
    :horse:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I hope you are wrong.

I am also positive they will soon wake up to $4.50 gasoline and $4.00 bread.I really hope you are wrong,if not the left will blame the right and the right will blame the left and the fed sitting in the middle will just smile and rake in some more chips for the to big to fail banks.

It is not the economy,or the debt,or the wars,or entitlements,or student loans,or housing.The problems we are currently having all fall on one private institution.The Federal Reserve.

The sooner people realize that,the sooner the problem can be fixed.Sadly I think the media and left/right distraction will lead to a collapse before enough people are shaken awake by inflation and loss of net worth/wealth to make any difference.

I have done my best to educate people.My best.A few have listened,most have not.People will ask when gas hits $5.00 and bread $10.00 and unemployment continues to rise,housing still falling and the debt adding over a trillion per year how could this happen? How could America have fallen so far? They will probably still be blaming the other party,politicians,a new war,or weather.

What else can I do or say?

Cheer up. If the economy tanks, you won't be able to buy gas or bread at any price; you'll have to barter for it while something more stable gets established again. Of course, many folks will starve in the meantime, but that's the price we pay for being ignorant.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    The current Fed policies are crushing to people who are actually trying to do the right thing. People who actually save money are screwed because that dollar they saved last year is only worth 80 cents now. Combine that with the fact that interest rates for savers is basically zero and you now have no means to create wealth outside of stocks and commodities. But those livin large on debt laugh all the way to the bank. That credit card with a 10K balance is now being paid back with .80 cents on the dollar. You think I could get away with paying my tax bill next April with January 2012 dollars? I know the real rate of inflation is not yet 20%, but it's no more an exaggeration than .gov or the Fed claiming it's below 5%.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    Those average people running up debt thinking they are going to be able to pay it off with a single paycheck someday are only fooling themselves. Wages are not going to follow inflation. They will find themselves in a world of hurt.

The only ones who will gain from the money printing are the NWO elitists (bankers).

My plan: stay out of debt (mortgage is already paid off), invest in myself (skills), buy needed supplies/equipment, and keep stacking physical gold/silver/brass/lead.

cqcn88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Those average people running up debt thinking they are going to be able to pay it off with a single paycheck someday are only fooling themselves. Wages are not going to follow inflation. They will find themselves in a world of hurt.

The only ones who will gain from the money printing are the NWO elitists (bankers).

My plan: stay out of debt (mortgage is already paid off), invest in myself (skills), buy needed supplies/equipment, and keep stacking physical gold/silver/brass/lead.

I asked this in a thread a little while back and no one answered, but what does happen to say a mortgage in the event of inflation or hyperinflation. I borrowed US dollars, I owe US dollars...if the dollar collapses due to inflation or otherwise, what happens to my mortgage?

cqcn88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I've been reading around trying to find some sort of answer to the debt in the event of hyperinflation and so far I have found no clear answer. Answer's range from paying off the mortgage with a loaf of bread to the "powers that be" will restructure with a new currency and legislate (for lack of a better word) that all existing debts be transferred to the new currency. The last answer seems self-defeating as part of the problem is rampant debt.

Can anyone at least point me in the right direction as far as where to find decent information about this sort of thing?

Top Bottom