Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well.....the last (2) parts package's arrived today for the Champion.
    EGW got it right.
    Brownells were 1 for 3 but 1 of those was on me. I ordered a MagWell for an officers not a GI.......darn it.
    There was a baggie that was supposed to have 4 SS grip screws and bushings. There was an allen wrench but nothing else.
    I guess I was not to work on this one for a while. I had hopes of running it in at the L&S gathering this weekend.....:(

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Sellers like that are dirt. I'd have raked him over the coals. Knowing your credit card policies on charge backs, and if you used PayPal as well, knowing their policies goes a very long way. Buyers are overprotected for the most part if you're savvy.

Now, if it was stated in his add.....that's another story. Gotta read the fine print. That's the important stuff they want to hide from you.

Picked up a polymer RAMI today. I will NEVER deal with this GB seller again. (AK47-man... his listings all say Arvada, CO in the title). After I won the auction, he tacked on $50 in extra cc and shipping insurance fees that were not clearly spelled out in the listing. My $409 gun ended up costing me $519 OTD.

After an exchange of angry emails, the seller offered to cancel the transaction. I agreed. He then said there would be an 8% "restocking" fee. I said send me my damn gun and get it over with.

I usually make it a practice not to bid on an auction if I don't have time to get my questions answered, but I broke my own rule. :ugh:

The good news is, I have an overpriced polymer RAMI which, if it runs OK, would be a good carry gun.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Sellers like that are dirt. I'd have raked him over the coals. Knowing your credit card policies on charge backs, and if you used PayPal as well, knowing their policies goes a very long way. Buyers are overprotected for the most part if you're savvy.

Now, if it was stated in his add.....that's another story. Gotta read the fine print. That's the important stuff they want to hide from you.

It was not CLEARLY stated. It was the words 'cash price only' and 'shipping insurance recommended' hidden in paragraphs and paragraphs of text, rather than at the top where the extra charges are usually listed. No amount or percentage was given. It certainly didn't say that cc fees and shipping insurance (in addition to the $30 shipping) would be an extra $50. It was my responsibility to ask for clarification, and I didn't because there was not time before the auction ended.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    There has been a used Rami "P" 9mm sitting in K&T Guns in New Haven since the summer last year. I don't recall the price, but I'm sure he would make someone a deal on it. I frequent his shop about once a month.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom