The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    My new wheel gun is home too! No box, but came with a holster! Holster seems well made and its my size! A Sportsman, I googled briefly and found no info. I know this is a little modern for him (1968 manufacture date) but if @Leadeye knows anything would love to learn.
    View attachment 350520 View attachment 350521 View attachment 350522 View attachment 350523 View attachment 350524 View attachment 350525

Just back from the range and it’s a shooter!

View attachment 350526
    View attachment 350527
    What a wonderful acquisition ... with a brilliant write up with lots of photos AND a range report.

This is also a wonderful acquisition ... with a picture of a plastic box ... and some shoes ...

Compare and contrast.

My fellow Czickos, I submit that the former is how we should all be posting information for the rest to ogle over, while the latter is … well … this may sound harsh, but the latter is almost a waste of electrons.

We need to hold each other to a higher standard ... show us the firearm, not just the box!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    My new wheel gun is home too! No box, but came with a holster! Holster seems well made and its my size! A Sportsman, I googled briefly and found no info. I know this is a little modern for him (1968 manufacture date) but if @Leadeye knows anything would love to learn.
    View attachment 350520 View attachment 350521 View attachment 350522 View attachment 350523 View attachment 350524 View attachment 350525

Just back from the range and it’s a shooter!

View attachment 350526
    View attachment 350527
    Great revolver! Your holster and belt I can't help much with, although I find two holsters like it on Ebay with no marking other than Sportsman. The rig is what's known as a drop rig as opposed to a belt rig. It places the holster lower down than the belt.

The holster looks like a Hunter, which used the name Sportsman as one of their models, but you should find their distinctive trademark of a powder horn somewhere on it.

The rig looks to be in good condition and you will get a lot of years service out of it, best of luck with it and your new Colt.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    Great revolver! Your holster and belt I can't help much with, although I find two holsters like it on Ebay with no marking other than Sportsman. The rig is what's known as a drop rig as opposed to a belt rig. It places the holster lower down than the belt.

The holster looks like a Hunter, which used the name Sportsman as one of their models, but you should find their distinctive trademark of a powder horn somewhere on it.

The rig looks to be in good condition and you will get a lot of years service out of it, best of luck with it and your new Colt.
    Thanks LE, I will look for the powder horn!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    hey, I'm up late because it's WEEKEND .... that's what people do right ? Stay up late ?
    My wife still goes to bed at 9 PM on Friday, because she's been up since 5 AM, and worked all week .... that's understandable.
    But I like to be WILD .... so I think I'll stay up until 1 AM. :evilangel:
    I was up late last night too with some libations, hanging out in the room with a buddy while he watched hockey. This older than me crusty SF tabbed 1SG came down to the room to visit and then chastised every beer I pulled out of my cooler like 'you're drinking Red Stripe on purpose' lol, then my Modelo, I was afraid to pull the Blue Moon Light out lol, but he had a big glass of scotch so he was probably a hater anyway.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom