The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I tried out the new focusing rail on a recent purchase: a 2" sqare chunk of
    Botryoidal Hematite. It's a real showstopper of a mineral when it's been highly polished like this one.
    The 'grapes' are formed when the hematite settles around a grain of sand, then builds-up layers over millions of years.

i-rTXmBh7-XL.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I'm going really wild now .... gonna make it until 1:30 !

This is a Glyptodon, which lived from about 3 million years ago, up to 15,000 yrs. ago .... which is a very long hereditary life-cycle for a mammal.
    They had no natural predators, with the exception of man, leading to their extinction.

Oh yeah .... they were the size of small cars (V.W. Beetle), and their outer shell was virtually impenetrable. It was made of approximatley 2 thousand 'scutes', which interlocked.

I purchased this scute, because I thought they were such cool animals.

(photo curtesty of the Tellus Museum)
    i-mQWBqs3-M.jpg

i-KS5td7z-XL.jpg

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.

This is a Glyptodon, which lived from about 3 million years ago, up to 15,000 yrs. ago .... which is a very long hereditary life-cycle for a mammal.
    They had no natural predators, with the exception of man, leading to their extinction.

Oh yeah .... they were the size of small cars (V.W. Beetle), and their outer shell was virtually impenetrable. It was made of approximatley 2 thousand 'scutes', which interlocked.

i-mQWBqs3-M.jpg

i-KS5td7z-XL.jpg
    Speaking of 15000 years ago…
    Are you a fan of Graham Hancock?
    He is a proponent of the younger dryas cataclysm idea, that about 11,600 years ago there was some kind of event that almost ended life on earth.
    I’ve read/listened to his books over the years and caught him on a few podcasts and really wonder if he is on to something. Mainstream archeology seems to disagree with him though…

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Man, finally a decent night's sleep. Back/leg pain left me alone last night for the most part.

For the last couple of weeks been waking up to what felt like a hot piece of wire running down the left leg right down to my calf. Had pain while doing some yard work yesterday but took breaks in between tasks to hopefully give it some rest.

Scheduled for another shot on Tuesday, which hopefully will help a bit as well.

Been trying to work on getting things ready for some family to come in town later this week for my daughter's grad school graduation.

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    Good late morning Everyone

I’ve been spending my free time in the garage getting it cleaned up. I picked up an engine stand and roll around cradle so I can get the couple of engine blocks off the floor and properly stored. I let junk pile up on that side around the engines. Getting it cleaned up and cleaned out.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree

i-mQWBqs3-M.jpg

i-KS5td7z-XL.jpg
    Looks like if he got aholt of you he'd do some damage.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    He is a proponent of the younger dryas cataclysm idea, that about 11,600 years ago there was some kind of event that almost ended life on earth.
    I’ve read/listened to his books over the years and caught him on a few podcasts and really wonder if he is on to something. Mainstream archeology seems to disagree with him though…
    Stridently they disagree. If he's right, they aren't anywhere near as certain as they think they are about how stuff came about. Someone built the pyramids with some serious tech. 140,000# blocks moved and cut with precision. Copper tools didn't accomplish that at the rate they were layed up.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Stridently they disagree. If he's right, they aren't anywhere near as certain as they think they are about how stuff came about. Someone built the pyramids with some serious tech. 140,000# blocks moved and cut with precision. Copper tools didn't accomplish that at the rate they were layed up.

I think that there's a huge amount of history that's yet to be discovered.
    Like everyone, I wish that I had some answers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom