The Czickness LII….it is the grey time of year. Tungsten Grey that is…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

llh1956

CZ Wizard
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Lawrence, IN.
    Good morning fellas!
    Life changes so I have decided to trim my collections down a bit. The first 3 to go are my 1911's .45 acp. I will be keeping my CZ 97 as I shoot it the best (go figure it's a CZ)!
    Mouse created hand fit S.A. and 6 Chip McCormick 10 round mags, 4 Wilson 8 round mags 7 S.A. 7 round mags. $950. View attachment 350247
    From AllenM, Colt series 80 frame, firing pin block deleted, Remington Rand slide, Clark Barrel, bushing, ceracoated, 16 mags. $700 View attachment 350250
    Tauras with S.A. internals, firing pin block deleted, the rail have been peened to tighten up the slide a bit and added an MGW custom fit bushing. I removed the billboard crap leaving only the serial # dehorned, all by a hand file to give it a very smooth feel. brown scotch Brite scuffed finish. 16 mags. $500 View attachment 350251
    All are good shooters.
    If interested get in touch, make an offer. All 3 for $1900. If no interest I will post up to the classifieds this Sunday!
    I also have CM's last AR pistol build that can be had! I will include a soft case and 5 P mags.
    Update, CM's SA will be is spoken for and will remain in the group. The Colt/Remington Rand is SPF to be picked up later this week!

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Certainly no professional, but sounds like too much paint along with the distance like you said.
    It’s always suprised me there are not clicks or at least marks on those knobs for at least a reference.
    It’s definitely a ‘feel’ thing.
    Hope you’re enjoying it!
    My gun has numbered knobs and dash marks for reference.

Enjoying, yes, but it is time consuming with all the steps involved along the way. Getting a little burnt out on projects, but my warped mind keeps feeding them to me.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    My gun has numbered knobs and dash marks for reference.

Enjoying, yes, but it is time consuming with all the steps involved along the way. Getting a little burnt out on projects, but my warped mind keeps feeding them to me.
    Ok...you know me not to be a professional and its been years, uh decades, since I painted cars but....

I remember working out ratios for products. Like 1.5 turns on paint knob for 1 turn on air knob. That, of course, isn't the correct ratio - just an example. Would also work out the correct spray on a white board before hitting the car. Different paints would spray differently.

We worked in an old wood barn with crappy ventilation and inconsistent air QC...but we got it done. On a breezy day, we would have to wet the floor to keep dust out.

Maybe @Bennettjh can chime in if the pros actually do something like this?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Ok...you know me not to be a professional and its been years, uh decades, since I painted cars but....

I remember working out ratios for products. Like 1.5 turns on paint knob for 1 turn on air knob. That, of course, isn't the correct ratio - just an example. Would also work out the correct spray on a white board before hitting the car. Different paints would spray differently.

We worked in an old wood barn with crappy ventilation and inconsistent air QC...but we got it done. On a breezy day, we would have to wet the floor to keep dust out.

Maybe @Bennettjh can chime in if the pros actually do something like this?
    You are correct and Cerakote has great instructional videos on this. I do use a test white board while making adjustments. I think it's just a case of "getting the yips" when going live. I can watch others, take notes and do all the mental preps, but going live changes the whole thing for me. I really think I just need more practice.

Firehawk

a.k.a. Rainmaker, Rainhawk, Firemaker or whatever
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Lebanon
    I was saving up for a Canik Elite Combat to be a duty sized do-it-all gun. It has the flat faced trigger similar to the Rival. Then I met this group and decided to get a CZ P01 (no regrets, I love it!). Oh the irony that now the group is drooling over Caniks! It’s just another proof that I need one of everything!

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield

$328
    $20 shipping
    NST
    OR version is $390 + $20 ship. A lot of gun for the price. Only complaint would be optics plates are about $40-70 depending on source and out of stock frequently. But still a good deal. Loving my P10C with HBi trigger/striker spring.

I should probably sell my other 9mm and just buy the P10 series. The 19rd magazine fits in the compact, and sub compact. I seen someone was making mag sleeves for the 19rd in the compact and 19rd and 15rd magazine sleeves for the 12rd sub compact.
    Point is the magazines will work in the lower capacity versions. Which is nice.
    P10C with 15 rnd mag
    1715000067953.jpeg
    17 rnd
    1715000191296.jpeg
    21 rnd with spacer/sleeve. Not perfect but works and bought for action pistol shooting. If anyone knows where to find nicer sleeves would like to give them a try.
    1715000832247.jpeg

I have two OR P10C's. One I bought when they first came out that was around $600 - $650. The other I picked up for ~$375 about 6 months ago. Fantastic handguns and at the under $400 price they're hard to beat.
    thinking about picking up an OR version for a ‘spare’.
    $385 + $20

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Combo of low pressure and too much distance when spraying. That's my best guess. I found paint buildup on the lower air port of the spray nozzle while painting, so that probably is a clue to a professional as to what I did wrong. Fine tuning those adjustment knobs on the spray gun seems to be a skill I haven't quite obtained yet. Maybe I'll win the lotto and get factory trained at Cerakote. Also, my mind goes 150mph and if I don't talk myself through things while I'm doing them I will get ahead of myself.

How thick is the paint when you are spraying? Are you using a gravity fed or suction fed gun?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom