• Status
    Not open for further replies.

redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    I find the stock safety of the CZ difficult to engage/disengage reliably. It's not a huge deal since I don't carry any of my CZ's currently, but I would definitely not carry the safety version due to this problem. I haven't tried any holster drills with my P-01 with the decocker yet, but I plan to soon. If I don't have any problems firing with it in DA mode, I may start to carry it from time to time.

Having just shot WTB's P-09 I can attest that the DA pull off of the decocker is very smooth and not heavy at all. Hard to believe the DA pull of a safety model would be a lot lighter but having never shot one I can't attest to the difference. Unless you are a real trigger snob, I doubt there will be much difference off a DA pull from a decocker vs. safety.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Having just shot WTB's P-09 I can attest that the DA pull off of the decocker is very smooth and not heavy at all. Hard to believe the DA pull of a safety model would be a lot lighter but having never shot one I can't attest to the difference. Unless you are a real trigger snob, I doubt there will be much difference off a DA pull from a decocker vs. safety.

Oh we are exactly that in here....."Trigger Snobs".............:):

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Having been into the guts of several safety CZs and one Decocker, I don't know why there would be any difference in the triggers at all, given the same tune and parts. Both use the same hammer and the sears on both are near identical. The DA sear and trigger bars are identical too. The only read difference between the two is that the safety version has a cam that blocks the sear in SA where as the decocker version has a different cam that blocks the trigger from falling fully while lowering the hammer. In DA mode and in SA mode, there's no reason one trigger would be any better or worse than another if they are pre-Omega CZs.

My preference for the decocker for carry has nothing to do with the trigger but more in keeping me from screwing up while manually dropping the hammer. A couple of years back, I saw a post from BA about carrying at the half cock notch on a safety style CZ and began carrying it that way too. It makes sense for me given the size of the standard CZ safety and my inability to cleanly reach it without rotating the gun in my hand. I just know that I'm a klutz and fear eventually screwing up while manually dropping the hammer.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Hey, speaking of safeties, does anyone know how big the safety on a standard 75B is? I've noticed that the ambi-safety on the stainless felt better to me than I remember the one on my pre-B felt. I just checked it with a caliper and sure enough, it's .040 higher than the pre-B safety. The pre-B sits .200 off the frame and the stainless safety sits .240 proud of the frame side. I'll have to check my Compact when it comes back home next week to see if that's typical of the 75B or if it's an ambi-safety thing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom