Not open for further replies.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    BA, the pre B or the A (techinical :runaway:) has the look I want. If I have to open up the magwell, I can do that. If I can find one made in '92 that would be ideal for me.

I can understand that. You will either have to live with the stock sights or have someone mill the slide. Milling the slide would lead to refinishing.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I can understand that. You will either have to live with the stock sights or have someone mill the slide. Milling the slide would lead to refinishing.
    We'll have to see about the sights. I'm sure it could be done without refinishing, not like anyone has to worry about scratching anything... I want the nastiest looking one available.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I love that new thread smell.

Sight options are almost non-existent for the pre-Bs. The front sight is staked on and the early pre-Bs had a different rear dovetail. I was told by one gun smith that you have zero options on the front sight due to the thin material around the top of the bushing which gives very little room for a dovetail. The 75Bs have a ridge that run on top that gives room for a dovetail, but that does not exist on the pre-B.

I've wondered if it's possible to pull the front bushing, cut a dovetail into the slide and then cut the sight to allow the bushing to be reinstalled. I'm not sure if the dovetails would be too small for a secure mount after that. I have seen a photo of a pre-B that had a Novak sight installed aft of the bushing, which might be an option too.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    As an FYI to everyone, in an email I invited David at Cajun Gun Works to stop by and visit our thread. He has been on INGO before but not for quite a while. I guess it's a good thing we have a fresh new thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom