• Status
    Not open for further replies.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    FWIW, I have been looking with horror at all the guns the Czickos have been putting on the classifieds. The deals are amazing. For me it's an issue of available funds, not bad product or high prices.
    Good opportunity for anyone looking for some super nice guns at great prices. None of them can be built for the asking prices. Not even close.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning Czickoos! :coffee:

I keep the firearms pretty well decluttered, I need to do it in the house. I have stuff that has been in a box for 10 years and hasn't been out once. Chances are, I'll never need the stuff again but I can always think of some remote situation that I would need it and I never get rid of it. I could get rid of half of my stuff and honestly not miss it, just have to get into that mindset.

The thing I try to do when decluttering the house is to ask myself: "If my house burned down and I was filing an insurance claim, would I even remember that this thing existed?". Lots of time, the answer is no and it becomes much easier to part with something.

When I agreed to buy the P07 from DOGG after he owned it for a couple hours, I knew what I was setting myself up for. I told myself that I might carry it. That's just not gonna happen, I can't get away from my RAMI. If I'm not gonna carry it and it's just gonna sit by the bed at night, I'd rather just have a gun that I get excited about when I pick it up. As great as the P07 is, I just don't get excited about plastic.

So if no one in here is interested in the gun or the Kadet kit for it, I'll probably list it sometime this weekend.

I wish I could jump on that because I'm becoming quite fond of the P07 platform, but just cannot right now.

88, I know you and I have talked about that Remington of yours before when you were talking about selling it. I would still be interested. I don't know that I could afford it right now, but I could certainly move some stuff to try and make it happen if you decided to part ways with it in the future. It may be easier for you if it stayed in the family. :)

I would love to see that stay in the family. Maybe we can work something out later this spring.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I wish I could jump on that because I'm becoming quite fond of the P07 platform, but just cannot right now.

I would love to see that stay in the family. Maybe we can work something out later this spring.
    If I decided to just hang onto the P07 and Kadet. I could offer that up as partial trading fodder.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    If I decided to just hang onto the P07 and Kadet. I could offer that up as partial trading fodder.

I wish I could, but just cannot add another pistol to the collection right now. I am picking up my third pistol in a month and second this week this morning. I really need to focus on the Spider project once this buying frenzy is done.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Good opportunity for anyone looking for some super nice guns at great prices. None of them can be built for the asking prices. Not even close.

No, not even close. That's what is horrifying. I'm just hoping they stay in the family so I can get a chance at one in the future.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I wish I could, but just cannot add another pistol to the collection right now. I am picking up my third pistol in a month and second this week this morning. I really need to focus on the Spider project once this buying frenzy is done.
    :): Hey, I had to try to trade my souless plastic junk for that fine specimen of American engineering. I am thinking about moving it in favor of an SP01C. Would you be interested in just the Kadet kit for it? I don't have to sell it right away and will hang onto it if you want it.

twfshelton

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    The woods of green
    Do you guys know of a competent CZ gunsmith around south side of Indy to install CGW parts? I asked Elmore's and they said to send it in to CGW for install, I would rather not lose the gun for 3 months/ I just got it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The wife, son and I just got back from the 1500 where we met up with CM, The Wizard and BA. I picked up BA's 75B in .40 from him and he threw his whole stock of .40 into the deal. Damn, that's a lot of ammo to toss onto a deal for the same price, but it shows what kind of people populate this thread. I'm glad I had my son with me since he volunteered to carry all that ammo around the show while I took my time browsing the tables. Prices on some stuff seemed to be down a bit but there were no amazing deals that I ran across other than the one BA made me.

The best CZ gunsmith in Indiana is in Lafayette. llh1956 is his INGO name, he is the Wizard. He has done most of mine.

I have a couple of the guns that the Wizard worked and they are among the best in the family. He really knows his way around the inside of a CZ.

Rusty, as much as I like the idea of the Kadet kit, I don't think it's something I'd actually use. I'll make you a deal on the RR though and can hold it as long as you need to if you want it.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I just got back as well!! Geez i hate the 1500, but needed to get out of the house. Should have went to Walmart and bought $30 worth of ammo. Won't happen again!!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Guys guys guys....there were ammo deals every where.
    I guy had 9mm buy the case for $220. Factory brass.
    .45 ACP by the case for $300.
    I saw several CZ's for reasonable and a brand new RAMI for south of $600 which is Market.
    A Stainless SA V-12 for $795. Not seen one less than 1K in forever if ever.
    $10 P-Mags.
    The list goes on.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    ur right there was some deals on ammo. components not so much.
    Throw in the $12 admission and the $5 parking fee,, better deals at Walmart

Last edited:

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    What a good day. Well, except for hanging out in the car with a psycho all day... Range trip this morning, finished my gun running duties, had lunch with a couple INGOrs, traveled around to some gun shops with my best buddy (girlfriend as his wife calls me) T-DOGG. Time for some relaxation. I'm beat after two days of running all over the state. Wouldn't have changed a thing! Kinda feeling strange though, nothing excited me in the shops today and I had a ton of cash in my pocket...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom