Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'd like to get my 97 cerakoted but don't want to pay for it.

I've had good luck with Duracoat, but you have to be really careful with prep. It does not stick well to bare, unblasted steel but workes well over parkarizing, blasted steel and even cold bluing. Anything that can give the finish bite helps. Cerakote is better, but Duracoat can work too.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    I've had good luck with Duracoat, but you have to be really careful with prep. It does not stick well to bare, unblasted steel but workes well over parkarizing, blasted steel and even cold bluing. Anything that can give the finish bite helps. Cerakote is better, but Duracoat can work too.

No DIY for me on this.

Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    A question for the CZ knowledge base:
    the P07 and P09 - Were they developed to handle the pressure and recoil of the .40, and then downgraded to 9mm similar to the M&P. Or were they designed around 9mm, and then given a stiffer spring and different barrel to handle the .40, similar to the Glock?

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    If I hit the big money I would buy 100 acres and build a sweet range on it.
    You guys would get keys.

That would be my plan as well. At one time would have wanted a fancy car and big house but as I get older the idea of 100 secluded acres sounds awesome. I would love even 20 but land prices are crazy in the Allen county area.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    That would be my plan as well. At one time would have wanted a fancy car and big house but as I get older the idea of 100 secluded acres sounds awesome. I would love even 20 but land prices are crazy in the Allen county area.
    You ain't kiddin there.... Some of our neighboring counties are a lot better, but if we were smart we'd all head down to the southern part of the state.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom