Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Hading to the range shortly. My nephew is looking to buy his first gun. I have a G19, P320C, 75B and P229 for him to try out today. If that's not enough variety to help him find something, I'll pay the rental fee and let him try out the selection they have at Point Blank. Should be fun helping him find the right gun for him. :)

Don't let him shoot the 75B. It would be like letting him try Crack cocaine. CZS are highly addictive

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I already own a Legion 226 sao i just dont want to beat it up carrying it everyday. plus its a bit big and heavy lol.
    "Big and heavy" is subjective and a good belt can significantly reduce the perceived weight of the gun, but I understand what you mean, a Sig P226 has never been classified as "light".

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    That is a good variety, except no 1911 in there.

IKR, that just isn't like me. I just knew that wouldn't be something that would interest him, as he's a man who watches his money and 9mm is as much as I could expect from him... :):

Have fun Tom and yes he should find one that works out of that group!psykoGood morning to all.

He liked the G19 and Sig P320c. He's trying to decide which is best for him.

Compact "lightweight" - P-07 / P-01 / PCR
    Compact "not-so lightweight" - SP-01C / 75B compact

Subcompact - Rami

Don't waste your time with that Sig, it's a poor man's version of the P226. You'll be the Camaro who really wants to be a Corvette.

BTW, someone in this group as a P-07 for sale in the classifides for a great price... :whistle:

Don't let him shoot the 75B. It would be like letting him try Crack cocaine. CZS are highly addictive

He loved it, but didn't want something that heavy to carry.

"Big and heavy" is subjective and a good belt can significantly reduce the perceived weight of the gun, but I understand what you mean, a Sig P226 has never been classified as "light".

Yep, love carrying mine, but I can see where someone would prefer something a bit lighter and smaller.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    You just shot T-Ds Shiney yesterday. The 10 minutes that you had it in your hand already exceeded your average gun ownership span.
    I didn't get to shoot it... He wouldn't let me do so inside his house... I did fondle the ever living crap out of it. I think you're mistaking me for him though. I at least get a couple months out of my purchases.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Well crud. Ordered a video card to upgrade my system. Put it in and no signal. I'm scratching my head and as I glance at the box and read the specs, I get a sinking feeling. Yep, PCIe 3.0, when my old mobo is PCIe 2.0 :(

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yep, it's a GTX 1060 card, going into an Asus Rampage III Formula mobo, which is getting a bit old. The board supports 2.0 and the card is 3.0. Everything seemed to work, but it displayed no picture. I might try it again as I was in a hurry, but didn't expect the newer tech to work in an older board...

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    that card should be backwards compatible with pcie 2.0 what card is it? all power connectors attached as they should be etc? system sound like its powering up otherwise?

Thank you sir. Instead of beating my head against the wall any further, I checked again and it does work. Derp, derp, derp. I may have to turn in my geek card :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom