Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Thanks guys. I know I'll figure it out in the end, but think that I need to put the .40 up for a bit. Winter is my .40 carry season and since we're just about done with winter, I can do without the extra one in rotation. I think what I need is another range trip with the CZ 1911. That one always make me smile.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Oh, BTW, I knew it was a bad sign when the new .40 arrived with a pack of extra power extractor springs and a pack of extra power FP springs. Plus, the gun has a stainless guide rod, so I'm thinking someone struggled with this gun in the past.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Just got back from one of the most frustrating range trips I can remember having. :xmad: I was expecting the new SP01C/40 to run like a champ with all of the cleaning, polishing and extra power springs in the mags, but it ran like crap. I should have stopped after the first mag having had 4 FTF and one FTE in 12 rounds. I put 85 rounds through it with only two mags running clean. Then I reloaded one of those and it had an FTF too. What was even more frustrating was that I took my SPO1C/9 along as well and had at least 1 stovepipe in every mag, some with three. The gun was dribbling the cases out on my wrists and hands. WTF! I was running Federal aluminum case 115g commercial ammo and I know that I've run that before with no issues. What ever is the case, my gun foo is off right now. I think I need to take a break and focus on getting my workshop put back together so I can eventually get into these to figure out what is happening in there. The SP01c/9 is what really has me stumped. I've run over 350 perfect rounds through that gun and now to have a range trip like this is really odd.

If I go quiet here on INGO for a bit, it's because I just need to step away from shooting for a couple of days and think about other stuff.

Hmmm......recoil spring issue? Starting to wonder if some of the stuff that came with that gun are incorrect and need replaced.

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    Surplus CZs are not the deal they used to be. The two pre-Bs went for $450 each. I hope I wasn't bidding against anyone of you. I hit my max threshold and passed when the price kept going up. Maybe next time.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Surplus CZs are not the deal they used to be. The two pre-Bs went for $450 each. I hope I wasn't bidding against anyone of you. I hit my max threshold and passed when the price kept going up. Maybe next time.

Sorry to hear that, Tweak. I thought sure you would get one this time. Hopefully this is just a brief pause and not an end to the availability.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Hmmm......recoil spring issue? Starting to wonder if some of the stuff that came with that gun are incorrect and need replaced.

Funny that you would mention that. At the range, the 9mm was dropping brass at my feet, yet the .40 was tossing it across the bay into the berm on the other side. Both have the green flat wire springs, so I field stripped them and the new 9mm spring is a good inch longer than the .40 spring. The 9mm spring feels significantly stiffer than the .40 spring does too. So, I swapped them out because I think the .40 spring is tired and the 9mm spring is too stiff for light 115g range ammo. We'll see if that makes a difference the next time I take them out. It may be a while though, cause I'm making the .40 sit in the corner for a while.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sorry to hear that, Tweak. I thought sure you would get one this time. Hopefully this is just a brief pause and not an end to the availability.
    I wonder where else we could see surplus guns from? We hear all the time about them being the most widely used gun all over the world in terms of military and LE.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Well, I would love to get a couple from the Rhodesian bush wars of the late '70's and early '80's. All three sides of those little dustups used the old "A" models. There have to be a few still hanging around.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Well, I would love to get a couple from the Rhodesian bush wars of the late '70's and early '80's. All three sides of those little dustups used the old "A" models. There have to be a few still hanging around.
    Shall we just get into the firearms importing business and make a couple runs to Africa? I have a feeling there is a lot of cool stuff to be had hiding around over there.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Funny that you would mention that. At the range, the 9mm was dropping brass at my feet, yet the .40 was tossing it across the bay into the berm on the other side. Both have the green flat wire springs, so I field stripped them and the new 9mm spring is a good inch longer than the .40 spring. The 9mm spring feels significantly stiffer than the .40 spring does too. So, I swapped them out because I think the .40 spring is tired and the 9mm spring is too stiff for light 115g range ammo. We'll see if that makes a difference the next time I take them out. It may be a while though, cause I'm making the .40 sit in the corner for a while.

Bad 40........Bad bad bad.....:nono:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Shall we just get into the firearms importing business and make a couple runs to Africa? I have a feeling there is a lot of cool stuff to be had hiding around over there.
    Oh, there's lots of stuff there alright. Not sure you want to bring any of it back. I've been there. I have no plans to return.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Oh, there's lots of stuff there alright. Not sure you want to bring any of it back. I've been there. I have no plans to return.
    Yeah there's prolly lots of stuff I don't care to bring back.... So long as we focus on firearms, but even that seems dangerous. Think we can sell them on the fact that plastic guns won't melt in the sun?

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Ok a couple of you should be able to tell me what just flew over my head. Sounded like the building was coming down, ran outside and this was right over my head maybe 200 yards above. Couldn't get my phone out fast enough. 4 prop. Thought we were being invaded!

View attachment 53143

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom