• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MC1983

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Is there anyone in Indy that makes custom kydex holsters? The last kydex holster I got was from Hooch but I heard he isn't making them anymore. I bought a surplus compact from Bird's Away a few weeks back and am planning on putting new springs in it and carrying it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Is there anyone in Indy that makes custom kydex holsters? The last kydex holster I got was from Hooch but I heard he isn't making them anymore. I bought a surplus compact from Bird's Away a few weeks back and am planning on putting new springs in it and carrying it.

Yes there are a few on here and the user names escape me at present.
    Yellow Mustang in his avatar.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

I believe Slow Hand and hpclayto both do custom kydex holsters.

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    Good idea to spend time with them at this age. Pretty soon, you'll be competing with friends, jobs, girls and a ton of other stuff that makes quality time with a kid hard to come by.

That was my thoughts as well. Have some heart to heart talks on becoming a man and lies ahead for him.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Another day, more work along the fence line. Since today is not as hot as yesterday, I thought I'd fire up a bonfire to get rid of debris. That part works well, but it's not nearly as nice to stand around as it would be in December.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Morning folks! :coffee:

I stopped by The Outdoorsman in Greenwood yesterday afternoon and they had just gotten in a batch of CZs. I had a chance to play with a Phantom II for a bit. That really feels good in the hand. We were comparing it to their SP01 they have in stock and the Phantom feels much better due to the thinness of the grip. In addition to the Phantom, they got a 97B and two suppressor ready P07s (gray and black). That gives them 14 different models of CZ in their case at the moment. Among the others were an OD P01, SP01 Tac, P09, PCR, 75B and some suppressor ready versions. It's definitely become the place to shop for CZs on the south side of Indy. As much as I liked the Phantom, I don't see adding one to the family any time soon. I've managed to overbuy on project guns and need to figure out what to do with them.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm beginning to think that my relationship with a buddy down at The Outdoorsman has progressed to be similar to that of heroin dealer and addict. Every time a new batch appears, he gives me a holler to let me know what's down there.

rlfrye

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    The Tuck
    I was in my LGS today and checked out his CZ selection. I was suprised by the number he had, for a small town shop. I resisted the urge to buy one, instead sticking to the trade I was planning originally. I have moments where I surprise even myself. But they sure felt and looked nice, that could be a bad thing for me in the future.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm beginning to think that my relationship with a buddy down at The Outdoorsman has progressed to be similar to that of heroin dealer and addict. Every time a new batch appears, he gives me a holler to let me know what's down there.

I have that relationship with 2 LGS when a serious 1911 comes through.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I was in my LGS today and checked out his CZ selection. I was suprised by the number he had, for a small town shop. I resisted the urge to buy one, instead sticking to the trade I was planning originally. I have moments where I surprise even myself. But they sure felt and looked nice, that could be a bad thing for me in the future.

They can be addicting if you are not careful. The problem is that they come in so many different types and calibers, each one with it's own nuance.

rlfrye

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    The Tuck
    They can be addicting if you are not careful. The problem is that they come in so many different types and calibers, each one with it's own nuance.

Yeah, I fondled a 75b, a 75bd, a shadow, an sp?, a p-10c, and he had a few others. I quit looking and forced myself to stick with my original plan for going there. But the 75b and shadow sure were nice. I tell the Boss its all her fault, she is the one who went to school with the gun dealer/gun writer. She disagrees with my logic on this, lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom