The CZickness XIII: Lucky 13, we could all use some.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I thought it was the TFX Pros you guys liked, thank you!

I'm in the "new gun" honeymoon phase with the PCR at the moment. It will be a tall order for it to be better than the P-01 that llh1956 worked over, but I think it's going to be a keeper.

I had also briefly considered the RAMI, but I've been after a PCR for at least a couple years... just never in the right place at the right time until today.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Got done with a little project earlier today. Pretty happy with how it turned out.

VRTVTDA.jpg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    :coffee:

I’ve had a rough week going back and forth between a PCR and a P10C. I’m hoping Wrigley still has the PCR tomorrow as I’ve decided to stick with steel (err steel and aluminum) for only a couple extra ounces. Maybe a P10c in the future but that PCR just sits perfectly and has the same feel as my only other CZ handgun which is an SP-01.

Ban the fools, not the tools I say. wtburnette

I wish a PCR or P-01 would work for me, but they don't. I don't care for the CZ safeties and don't like DA/SA for a carry weapon, which is why I've gotten back into polymer framed striker fired guns again. If it worked for me I'd have a PCR in a heartbeat as they are fantastic guns. I love my 75 compact, but only as a range gun.

Yes, I distinctly remember seeing one of those ! It seemed like the frame was gray .... is that possible ? Special edition, or something ? I thought that it was $600 !

I don't think they have a grey version, but I'm not sure. I thought only the SP-01 and possibly P-01 were in the sniper grey. I could be wrong though, need to check it out.

Did someone say PCR?!?

RriDcoX.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Just picked it up earlier this evening. My online go-to store had one yesterday morning, but I guess I was too slow on the click... got a confirmation email for the order, then a refund message that the last one had been spoken for just ahead of me. I knew Hoosier Armory up my way had some in stock as others on here mentioned recently. They seem to come over the ocean so rarely that I was afraid I could be waiting another year to get ahold of one.

CGW ultra-lite kit will be here Saturday. The stock sights aren't very good, but will do for now until I can decide what to go with. I recall BA, 88, and others crooning about the TFX sights, if I remember right?

I thought it was the TFX Pros you guys liked, thank you!

I'm in the "new gun" honeymoon phase with the PCR at the moment. It will be a tall order for it to be better than the P-01 that llh1956 worked over, but I think it's going to be a keeper.

I had also briefly considered the RAMI, but I've been after a PCR for at least a couple years... just never in the right place at the right time until today.

Beautiful and congrats! Yes, the TFX/TFX pros are very nice. I have TFX sights on both of my CZ's and a set of Pros on my G23 and they're great sights.

Got done with a little project earlier today. Pretty happy with how it turned out.

VRTVTDA.jpg

Very cool! :yesway:

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Morning all. It’s a sad day. Received an email at 5 am that the PCR sold. I know better than to leave an in stock CZ unpurchased. Now the search begins.

They don't seem to last very long in the wild. I have been under the impression that CZ does PCR builds in smallish runs/batches, and not very often. Same with the Rami BD. I suspect they are putting lots of energy into the P10 polymer series.

If it helps, Hoosier Armory in Noblesville still has a few left. It's a bit of a haul from the Fort, but if you call ahead, you wouldn't leave empty-handed. And Rick (the owner) has got to be one of the nicest guys in the business.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    All of this PCR talk has me thinking of picking one up. I had my head stuck in the world of striker fired thingys lately and need to come up for air on that side. Might be time to dig through the safe to see what needs a new home. I know that there are candidates on the pre-B side. When I realized that I had 5 of them in the collection, it made me question my binge buying habits especially since I much prefer the compact sized guns. I just suck at selling stuff though.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I thought about running down to Hoosier Armory tomorrow afternoon....might see how the day goes and the wife is feeling. I tried to tell her this was her fault and that I would have bought it early in the week had she not been in the hospital. She didn't even almost fall for that.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    All of this PCR talk has me thinking of picking one up. I had my head stuck in the world of striker fired thingys lately and need to come up for air on that side. Might be time to dig through the safe to see what needs a new home. I know that there are candidates on the pre-B side. When I realized that I had 5 of them in the collection, it made me question my binge buying habits especially since I much prefer the compact sized guns. I just suck at selling stuff though.
    You and me both, and likewise on the compact front... they've always felt more comfortable in my hands, and I tend to shoot them better. I have hit a point where there's nothing I'm really willing to part with. I do have a couple duplicates, one that I could potentially consider letting go of (a S&W new model 66 4.25" 357 Combat Magnum), but it now has the sweetest trigger of any of my wheel guns.

I also have an HK P30SK V3 that's been my EDC since its first range trip last summer. Hammer fired, excellent and accurate in every way, and it's the only polymer pistol (besides a little Ruger SR22) that I own. If the PCR carries as well as I think it's going to, I don't really need this one either.

Nope, can't do it.

Last edited:

JonProphet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I may be selling one of my Mustang rollers. Ive been debating on another Cz(Shadow 2) a m1 garand or upgrading my Lee progressive press to a Dillon 650.

If i do the 650, i could turn my current 75 into a cajunized competition pistol. Magwel, grips, etc.

Dunno, money alwqys burns a hole in my pocket.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom