• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I loved Windows 7. Loved the look, had things figured out where they were located and that made sense. Performance was pretty good and it had a high usability factor. I think MS screwed up with this "universal device" BS that tried to make the OS into a big phone OS and having multiple places for settings and things like that. They could have made it much better if they'd just put some sort of toggle in that let you indicate if that device was a phone, tablet or PC. Then the UI and settings could have been the best for each device instead of the mish mash it became. I did desktop support for a long time and I'm really glad I got into information security prior to Windows 10 coming out. My main PC is still Windows 7 and will stay that way until support ends. At that time I'll likely load Linux Mint.
    Yes, my computer at home is Win7- love it! There are some good things about Win10, but I think those things are just because they are similar to Win7. Win10 isn't horrible, but I agree they could have done better. You're in information security? How do you like that?

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Just trying to get you out of work early...

EDIT: Let me just add this pic for you to ponder during your workday:

58c084156f7de_91254Shadow2polycoat_DSC2819CZC.jpg.04882cfe4f3a9b364cf5dfa005895e82.jpg
    I hate you right now.

That being said, damn that S-2 is sexy.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yes, my computer at home is Win7- love it! There are some good things about Win10, but I think those things are just because they are similar to Win7. Win10 isn't horrible, but I agree they could have done better. You're in information security? How do you like that?

I love it. Absolutely no comparison to working infrastructure. I worked helpdesk/desktop/network support for ~16 years and while I enjoyed it, I hated certain aspects of it. I've worked in Information Security for 5 years now and it's great. I started out in Vulnerability Management and moved to Vendor/Third Party Risk after a couple of years. I find InfoSec interesting, challenging and the pay scale is much better than I was seeing on the infrastructure side of things. Plus, I have the ability to work from home on occasion, which helps with work/life balance and flexibility.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    Thank you, Hoosier45!

Even though I had to scratch out an offending word, I do appreciate it.

The CZ97 sale is forgiven. Yea. I’ll never let myself live that one down. The one that got away...

72bebda8bd7ee725d187a96f9fe7cbcc.jpg

Ban the fools, not the tools I say. wtburnette

Life's too short to put up with a crappy trigger. Birds Away

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Thank you, Hoosier45!

Even though I had to scratch out an offending word, I do appreciate it.

The CZ97 sale is forgiven. Yea. I’ll never let myself live that one down. The one that got away...

72bebda8bd7ee725d187a96f9fe7cbcc.jpg

Ban the fools, not the tools I say. wtburnette

Life's too short to put up with a crappy trigger. Birds Away

Hey, I have a couple of really nice Sig's in fotay if you're looking to add to your collection... :whistle:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom